Train Sim World 3 Pickering To Whitby

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lwrail, Mar 18, 2023.

1. lwrail

lwrail Member

I think that the North York Moors Railway would be an obvious route for tsw3. First of all, we already have the jubilee which could run from Pickering to Whitby. We have the class 37 which could layer on services from Grosmont to Whitby. An updated version of the class 20 could be included running the same services ad the class 37. The class 158 in Northern livery could also be re-used from the MML to run from Grosmont to Whitby. Opportunities for new trains could include the LNER A4 Sir Nigel Gresly or NELPEG’s J27. With the line totalling at 23 miles and taking around 1 hour 50 minutes, some changes to speed limits could be changed making the journey time shorter. With beautiful scenery surrounding the railway it would be a picturesque ride through the countryside. There could be opportunities for a steam and diesel gala as well as Christmas specials with the Christmas Jubilee.

• Like Like x 3
  2. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Good suggestion, I do think that TSW does need more heritage railways however, the NYMR has been known to be tricky when it comes to licencing hence why on TSC is known has the Pickering - Grosmont Heritage Railway..

3. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I have a vague memory that this route nearly got made and then there was an issue between DTG and NYMR…. Possibly license issues??? I think that’s how we ended up with WSR instead

• Like Like x 1
  4. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

Tbh I would prefer the Esk Valley line between Middlesbrough and Whitby that the NYMR connects to…