Fishing Sim World Playing Fish At The End Of A Tournament

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Daft Badger, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

When the clock hits zero on a tournament timer can we please have an extra 2 or 3 minutes to land a fish if we are playing one?
    This was a big request in Euro Fishing & I would of thought you would of added it to this game.
    In real life matches you get a limited amount of time to land a fish if you are playing one at the end of a match.
    It's so frustrating,i've lost count of the boss fish that haven't counted due to this or the matches/tournaments I could of won had I been given a couple of extra minutes to land a fish I was playing.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I know it is frustrating when you run out of time during tournaments, but I cant agree to this. Give people extra time to get their fish in would be unfair on other players who were not lucky enough to have a fish on after time expired. You could get a bite with 2 seconds left on the clock in a Carp Tourney, and end up landing a 70lb boss in the extra time given to you. I think its fair on everyone how it currently is, everyone gets the same amount of time to do their fishing. Maybe they could allow everyone to land that fish after time expiry, but have it so it doesn't count for the Tournament.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Daft Badger

I meant this should be added for single player tournaments.Especially seeing as the AI have a habit of landing the winning fish with about 30 seconds left on the higher level tournaments.
    I wouldn't have an issue with it being added to online tournaments either.It's how it is in real life & this is meant to be a fishing sim.
    If the game decides that I should hook a fish with 30 seconds left on the clock I shouldn't be punished by not being allowed to land that fish & have it count toward my score.

4. SPACE ODDITY

I respect what you are saying and I know it happens in real life, but I also know not all competitions follow that rule.

I don't think its fair for everyone else to be punished who are not lucky enough to get that bite in last dying seconds of a match.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  5. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I think u should be able to land the fish specially if it’s a boss fish as some of them take ages to land the amount of fish I’ve lost due to the timer running out makes the difference between winning or loosing on a tournament the last fish u land

6. SPACE ODDITY

I just want to point out I am talking about online tournaments and not Single player. As for Single player Tournaments I don't really care as it doesn't hinder real gamers who are fairly competing against one another.

I don't think I could take losing a online Tournament or multiplayer Match to some kid who happens to get lucky and pick his rod up with 2 seconds to go on the clock. I think its unfair and I don't think I would bother wasting my time competing. I don't mind people being allowed to land that fish after time expiry, but I don't agree it should be counted to the Tournament/Match total.

How it is now, everyone gets 60 minutes on a online Tournament match, everyone are on a equal footing, they have the same amount of time as the next guy. The point is not about having that chance to not miss out catching that potential boss you have hooked, its about the tournament being fair for everyone competing.

7. Daft Badger

I get what you are saying & see it from your point but I don't see how this would not be fair to everyone.
    Everyone has the same chance of having a fish on when the timer runs out,it doesn't favour anyone.
    Put a good couple of hundred hours into Euro Fishing & I've already clocked up a lot of hours on Sim World & from my experience you are more likely to have a fish on when the timer runs out than not.
    A lot of people don't get the full amount of time in a tournament due to the fact that they don't bother casting out if there's about 1 or 2 minutes left on the timer as there's no point.If you do hook a fish it isn't going to count so why bother.
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one lol

8. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah, everyone would have the chance of being the lucky guy who gets that bite in the dying seconds at the end, but that still doesn't make it fair for everyone. Some people probably don't cast out in the last couple minutes of a match, that's their choice. Personally I fish till the very end whether I land that last fish or not.

So your fishing in a online match with 3 other guys, you are leading by 80lb with 4 seconds to go. Then bang! Joe on the peg next to you gets a bite. You patiently sit there staring at the screen waiting 5 minutes for Joe to land his fish. Joe gets lucky and lands Fudgie's and steals the win from you.

I think your vision of fairness differs from what I would say is fair Badger lol I do respect your opinion regardless of how different to my own, good chatting with you buddy ;)

9. Jmk

Jmk New Member

no time is no time, sorry friend.

10. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

I think it would be realistic if we had to be back at the launch site before time runs out during the bass tournaments at Johnson and Boulder since we’re using boats?