PlayStation Playstation 4 Error Code Ce-34878-0

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cottonmouth, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Just updated TSW 2020 for the ps4 to the latest update (1.26) and when going back in to last played the whole system crashes, and comes up with Error Code - CD-34878-0 which when check what it means it comes up with all check for updates, which I have done. Any clues or help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Cottonmouth

Hi Guys, Not sure what's going here buts it's downloading again. The update had been downloaded already, I checked the update history and it stated that 1.26 was installed. Just done a restart of the PS4 and now I'm getting by what looks like the download again.

Update 1.26 downloaded again, started TSW2020 and once again once gone through all the opening screens and selecting the play last game it crashes to error screen and even logs me out, tried new time table route and same again game crashes me out

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Whats the new time table route? Is patch 1.26 the one for mastery. If so this update didnt cause my ps4 any problems, apart from the mastery feature not working properly on the dtg side.
    Is your PS4 storage full or nearly full. Maybe that is a factor?

4. Cottonmouth

Hi, I'm doing the GWR Timetable. With regards my PS4 the storage side is fine, got the 1TB console so storage is not an issue here. When going into the game should I see any difference from the previous version to 1.26? because I can't see anything other than it's crashing
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could it be a corrupted download? Erase patch 1.26 and reinstall?

6. Cottonmouth

Hi, Just backed up my saved data, uninstalled TSW and re doing

7. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I had my first ever TSW crash after the update.

Was just tootling along in the class 52 and it crashed.

8. ATP100

ATP100 New Member

Identical experience for me. Same loco also. Replayed the route and it went through, though. I was a system crash virgin before the update also.

9. Cottonmouth

Not sure what's going on here, but did a complete delete of TSW along with my saved data, did a new installed, with no update, went into update history to see what version I had and it was showing 1.26 installed. Yet the update that I got this morning was also 1.26. Can anyone tell me what the base game version should be?
    20191103193152.jpg

10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

1.26 as of the update we got on Wednesday.

11. Cottonmouth

Hi Guys,
    One thing that has just crossed my mind, I got this game as a direct download from the PS store so me thinks this has been updated all ready to 1.26. I deleted the game along with any saved data last night and left over night. Just re-installed the game this morning and everything seems to be working fine, checked the update version and this shows as 1.26. I have not re-installed my saved data as this might have caused some issues. One small question would I see and difference with this so called "Mastery" this that DT mention?

After Note: Just re started game agian to see if the last try was just a fluke and guess what? it was, got right through to "Last Played" and got the blue screen. Oh well thats it deleted game
    Regards

Timm

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

With your references to "Last Played" I assume you are saving the game each time you play and restarting from that saved game. From reading these forums it would seem that the game doesn't handle restarting saved games very well, which is probably causing all your crashes. You don't need to save the game unless you are half way through a particular service and you want to complete that service later, but as I say, I don't think it works very well. Your progress updates without saving.

13. Cottonmouth

Hi, The saved for later worked fine since I got the game some 2 months ago. Only save when I get to a station and loading passengers so I can complete the journey later.

14. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity:

Was the 2020 Update already installed before you updated to the latest Version with Mastery? Or was it a case that you havent updated for quite some time and jumped from pre 2020 to the newest update?

Make sure to log a ticket with them regarding your issue:
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

15. Cottonmouth

Good point there, that was one of my earlier questions. I got TSW 2020 as a download from PS Store so not sure what version that came with, but when I re-installed the game last night 1.26 was showing in the update history section. I have raised a ticket so lets what happens 20191103193152.jpg

16. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

If you were doing the update from a Version before TSW 2020, your savegames wont work with the new version.
    Not sure if you have tried to do a normal Service / Scenario instead of loading a save to see if the game still crashes?