Please Bring Back The Last Point

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Sep 20, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

In the previous version of TWS, there was the LAST POINT, so you do not have to restart the whole scenario, which may be a few hours in the scenario when something like a red light that can not be stopped for unless you are at a crawl speed happens, instead of having to redo the whole scenario just to gget to this light in time

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is a feature last checkpoint in TSW2, but it only will be active if you make a fatal error. A useful improvement may be that each stop generates a last checkpoint. This would be an improved feature. You can ask for it in the suggestions forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The checkpoint file is already generated at each Station stop in the current game.
    However the last checkpoint can only be accessed from the menu, as
    you stated, when you pass a red signal.
    The checkpoint file can be manually manipulated in the appropriate folder/directory if you have the necessary skills.
    Mike.

4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I will probably get 'flamed' for this, but there is the save. I am just as big a culprit for forgetting to use it regularly during play and admit the last point option has saved my 'ass' on a number of occasions, as I attempt to remember to do a save at each stopping point.

5. rat7_mobile

If the LAST CHECKPOINT is there, where is it, because on my copy of the game I can not access it, everytime I get I failure, it only bring me back to the begining of the sceneario

6. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The file is in the same folder as a normal saved game.
    However the game will only access this checkpoint file as stated above if you get thrown back to the menu for example passing a red signal.
    Mike.

7. rat7_mobile

And if you read, I am not offered such menu, the scenario is then back to the begining , and when I manage to get to the menu, there is no more LAST CHECKPOINT option