Please Devs Introduce Class 33 In Br Blue On Ntr And Tees Valley,i Am Curious!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Devs,

I have been long time curious on the 33 ever since it was introduced to the retirement village aka west somerset railway on what would it feel like driving it more passionately on NTR or Tees valley. It normally dose Mk1 runs up and down the line to various stations or express. It has for sure done work on Woking Railway Station however that will mean we'd have to wait another 2 years probably to get a chance. I would love to see it there do freight work as well even shunting around short freight hops. I mean you guys threw in the Br 08 BLU from NTR into WSR for some work there. If you want to make it a DLC, i'll pay if it comes to it and its that much work. Tho we'd expect it to be available in br blue, available for both lines, involved in at least 1 freight and passenger scenario and part of the time table doing freight, passenger, shunting. I've honestly been itching to see it here very bad..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

The Class 33 were primarily used on the southern region and as such were never utilised on these routes.
    More appropriate would be a Class 25, still a sulzer though.
    Image3-2-L.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Imagine the froth at Leeds if a 33 turned up in 1983!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trim

Trim Active Member

33s rarely strayed far from the Southern Region, and I doubt a blue 33 ever visited NTP or TVL, apart from the 1984 Gatwick Express demonstration train which may have visited Manchester and Darlington (I know it got to York).

The closest 33s got would have been Manchester Piccadilly, on Cardiff-Manchester workings in the early/mid-80s.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yes please. Might as well throw in a 24 as well. :)

Over in PC land with their mods they can run the 33 on most of the routes. And the 52.

7. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've seen pictures of a class 33 at Victoria but I can't find it! It was a railtour or exhibition train though so not a regular occurrence. As Trim has said, they were quite common on Cardiff trains across town at Piccadilly. The class 25s were extremely common, as iconic to Manchester Victoria as the class 40s in my opinion and their sound is one thing missing from the simulation. They would frequently bank heavy oil trains up to Miles Platting.

• Like Like x 2