Please Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djkaijones, Oct 7, 2020.

1. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

This was posted on twitter can anybody help at all?

I've asked before, but nobody seems to care. Do the trains on this route have audible alarms / vigilance devices that cannot be disabled or have no visual alert? I am deaf and can't use some trains in TS2021 because of this, but would like to get WCML South. Thanks!

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sorry that you feel that no one cares, but to answer your questions some routes do have audible alarms on by default. You can look through the manual to find out how to turn them off. Also if you drive with the HUD on to the right there is ! that will light up every time a alarm sounds, also somewhere on the desk of the loco there is a display that will light up for certain alarms.

3. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

In the wcml manual it refers to the alerter being used in Expert Mode. Whether the vehicles can be used in non expert mode I do not know but the implication is there as it mentions it. [I read elswhere - The mode is selected on the Gameplay Settings screen and initially is set to Expert.] I do not have wcml south but would be happy to try out any other routes I have to see if the alarms can be turned off if you wish to name any. It must be very difficult to manage if you cannot hear the safety systems. It is very easy to miss the visual cues.

4. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Have just looked at my settings under gameplay and there is the mode selection - simple or expert - you would have to decide if simple is good enough for you. You could try it on something you already have. Hope it works out for you. It is a brilliant game.

5. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

A lot of the AP products have text dialogue when audible alarms occur, if my memory serves me correctly, the 390 as-is only has the TAS alarm, which does flash when it's going off. I think any audible alarms included in a release should have the option of configuring audible alarms on/off.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Most assets that have visual alerts use CTRL+Enter to turn visual alters on and off... so try that on whatever you are driving, but the manual would clarify.

7. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi, djkaijones sorry for not responding earlier, I'm now looking into what locos/units have the alarms and vigilance and how they can be turned off for WCML, have also passed this on to the team.

• Like Like x 3
  8. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  9. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Djkaijones...

Don't give up... we're a friendly bunch & dare say will assist you where possible... FULL MARKS must go to DTG Jamie for chiming in to assist so quickly... It was nice to see...

Eric

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

It's not for me it's for somebody on twitter who was struggling all the response and Jamie's reply and reply to the private message is great to see all feedback is being passed onto the community member looking for help