Fishing Sim World Please Improve Twitching

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by gnddcd, Mar 18, 2020.

1. gnddcd

gnddcd New Member

What's wrong with it as it is?

It has two issues, one is mechanical(gameplay and controls) and the other is appearance.

The motion is rarely the right strength. Your reel in speed, your reel choice, all of that has to fall in line perfectly for the huge motion of the twitch to work in the game. If the twitch strength could be adjusted, it would be possible to make any reel twitch without a painful look and feel to it.

Appearance wise; I don't see many anglers use their entire body and arms to perform a twitch. I'll usually just see wrist action for retrieves like walking the dog or the use of the elbow if they're trying to fish around an injury or disability. The whole body twist is just too chaotic and might look better toned down.

How do I propose we translate twitch strength into the controls?

In basic cast control mode:
    While holding the trigger for twitch, tapping the shoulder bumpers that usually control reeling speed should instead increase or decrease twitch travel distance. On a fresh rod, or rod swap, it should always start at 5.

A visual element could be added, so that as the player ratchets down the twitch distance, the player character's rod ticks over closer to it's starting point. In this manner, the player is visually sold the idea of where the twitch will stop and they are already aware of where the twitch starts.

In total cast control mode:
    The player holds down the twitch trigger and uses the control stick itself to move the rod. When the twitch trigger is released, the rod will snap back to it's starting point. This "Records" the specific twitch the user wants to have. Re-recording the twitch could be accomplished with a button combination such as holding the "Drive boat" button and pulling the twitch trigger. Since you cannot "Drive boat" while line is out, there should be no overlapping controls conflict.

Why is it important?

There's three main retrieves active in the game right now, and twitch just feels poorly implemented in contrast to the other two retrieves. It doesn't look like a twitch should visually, and the play feels spastic because of the super human speeds our player character achieves with his whole torso.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. SofTaco4570

SofTaco4570 New Member

Hello friend , i'm fairly new to the game ,But i have purchased browsed all my gears,supply, items & i hope what i'm about to recommend for you on trying out would help solve you're twitch action problem : Rod > slow / Reel > 6:0:1 S 3000 But i prefer the (1000 series) 80 lb Tess Braid / Bait > Super Deep - Gold also works great with cotton baits ,divers etc :mainly setups great for large Bass ,Salmon , pike > Monster Predator, try it out i mixed my sets came up with this works like a charm holds the bait down long barely even need to twitch. so i'll leave my F B URL: https://facebook.com/softaco.hunter.3 } There is a video sample on how i keep my bait down very very long and very acceptable strikes ,hope you check it out give give a response because i to am a real life bass fisherman and twitching is a very great technique , enjoy and god bless/ protect you and family on our world tragedy.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020