1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[poll] How Satisfied Are You With Dtg Communication?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 13, 2018.

?
  1. Excellent

5.2%
  2. Very Good

5.2%
  3. Good

10.3%
  4. Satisfactory

22.4%
  5. Bad

44.8%
  6. Very Bad

12.1%
  1. londonmidland

londonmidland New Member

Just a quick post to see what fellow Train Sim World users think about Dovetail Games level of communication to us.

I have provided a poll to allow you to vote.

2. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Member

I fall between 2 - good and bad. I would rather know what was being worked on, like a monthly recap, purely because I dont like not knowing. But I also understand why they dont do that - and the issues it would cause if they did.

I do find them one of the more closed off devs teams out of all the teams I follow.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Active Member

I did chose bad, I think very bad is to hard. At least sometimes they post something, well not right now.
    Still no reply to the RT timetable or bugfixes.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. HybridAlien

HybridAlien New Member

Extremely bad

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Active Member

I've stuck my head out and chosen "Satisfactory" but it's a shame there wasn't a "So, so" option. Jay did post some of the background to how DTG approach communication with regard to the rail simulators and I can appreciate the constraints and problems they have faced in the past. I do wish however that the rail side of things would move a bit more towards what's done on the flight side at least as far as TSW is concerned.

Giving an idea of the top three areas they will be concentrating on over the next three to four months would be nice. Perhaps giving an idea of which geographical area(s) the next DLC will be based in such as US, Europe, UK or elsewhere eight to six weeks or so before release would be nice rather then the current two week advance announcement.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  6. HybridAlien

HybridAlien New Member

If dovetail recruited me I would be a amazing human resource employee I would interact with the fans on a daily basis.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  7. Sintbert

Sintbert Member

You mean Community-Manager ;) Human resource is there to manage and recruit employees.

8. JackRyan

JackRyan New Member

I choose Very Bad, because you really don't have a clue about what's going on. "We are working on many things", yes ok but what?
    I mean, take a look at SCS software, you know exactly what are you going to have in the following months, even without the correct eta. I don't thinks that it must be too hard

9. Matto140

Matto140 Member

Satisfactory!
    DTG need engage more staff members from different areas to reply on community question, and also choose the main channel.
    So far most of the communications is provided by Jay on many channels (here, steam, ...), and he do what he know, or what he investigate from that staff guys.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  10. davejc64

davejc64 Member

What communication?

11. CSX8067

CSX8067 New Member

sorry but I have to choose very bad. they keep every thing a secret. from what's being worked on with csx hh and the don't put up a list of what has been fixed. no do you get any news of up coming fixes for the stuff we already have. this is EXTREAMELY bad.

12. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Staff Member

All of our previous fixes are listed here - http://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/announcements/ and will be detailed on this forum going forwards.
    Announcing content in advance is a slippery slope that I've talked about before and keeping it quiet allows us to run fun little community campaigns such as the teasers we have been doing this week (to great success from the looks of it) but we're up front about the fact that we're working on content and have are always open about our ongoing work on engine improvements and fixes that generally roll out with new content releases.

- Jay

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  13. CSX8067

CSX8067 New Member

well I hate to burst you little bubble but the tunnel darkness fix did not work it is still like driving a train in daylight. and you still have not fixed issues with the GP-40 with it's black ditch light covers on the rear. nor have the bugs that I submitted like the fence being jacked up by Hyndman has not been fixed. and there is another fence issue in Meyersdale that's unfixed. I think CSX has been put on the back burner. and the lack of content and scenarios or life in the game has made it boring as I have done every thing already.

14. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Staff Member

Some things aren't always immediately fixable, just because something hasn't been addressed yet does not mean that we are not actively working to do so.
    In many instances we've found that the obvious fix for some issues cause further issues in other areas of the game and we are forced to backtrack and start our work again from scratch in the hope of developing an alternative fix.

- Jay

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  15. CSX8067

CSX8067 New Member

well then stop worrying about DLC and fix the damn program we have now. I have not played this in almost a month because I know it will just crash and then I have to start the same scenario over again.

• Downvote Downvote x 2
  16. Piussi

Piussi Active Member

What crashes? My game has never crashed since i have it.

17. PlatChap

PlatChap Active Member

I have never experienced any game crashes either so I'm not sure what could be causing that. I'm sure DTG is both working on bug fixes as well as still actively developing for the game and I would imagine two seperate teams are responsible for those individual tasks.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  18. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Member

I have not experienced any game crashes either.