Portuguese Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nuno.andradegb, Dec 10, 2020.

1. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

Hey all! I know it has already been suggested a Portuguese routes, but I don't think this sector has been recommended yet.

Lisboa Oriente - Setubal

[​IMG]

This sector has a high variety of different trains in the network. Everything from commuter trains to long-distance trains use this bit of track. Although not recommended here, other services also use this line, like the Sintra and Azambuja Line (Lisbon part of the line) and the Sado Line (Pinhal Novo to Setubal part).

Commuter (Fertagus)
    Roma Areeiro - Coina and Setubal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These trains are the double decker CP3500 that CP also use on the Azambuja Line. The full route can be done and it takes around 1 hour to go from Setubal to Roma Areeiro, stopping at every station.
    Around half of the trains only go as far as Coina, which makes it a considerable shorter journey.
    During rush hour, Fertagus operate double units and are the only ones in Portugal doing so with the CP3500 series.

Intercity (CP Comboios de Portugal)
    Lisboa Oriente - Faro and Evora
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The intercities in Portugal use the CP5600 locomotive and Corail coaches. I think this is an important addition, as the Corail coaches are iconic coaches in Europe and are slowly being retired.
    Unfortunately, not the full route can be simulated between Lisboa Oriente and Setubal, but both Faro and Evora bound intercity trains start at Lisboa Oriente, stop at Entrecampos, Sete Rios, Pragal and Pinhal Novo. The journey time is around 45 minutes.

Alfa Pendular (CP Comboios de Portugal)
    Porto - Faro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Alfa trains are the iconic pendolino high speed trains (CP4000). They go up to 220 km/h and will be able to reach this speed between Pragal and Pinhal Novo.
    After stopping at Lisboa Oriente, the train stops at Entrecampos and Pinhal Novo only. The journey time is around 30 minutes.

Speed and Train safety systems
    [​IMG]

A picture of the CONVEL system from https://www.trainlogistic.com/pt/Comboios/Gabinete/fich_convel.htm
    Portugal uses a safety system called CONVEL that works roughly like how LZB works. This system is detailed in the URL provided above!
    The dead man pedal on trains works like the german SIFA system.

• Like Like x 10
  2. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Adoraria ver uma rota portuguesa! Boa sugestão amigo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. migueld

migueld Active Member

Linha de Cascais as well, it's short and interactive, with stops all along the way. Beautiful scenery along the Tejo river, and Atlantic coast of Cascais. Cumprimentos Amigo

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love a change of scenery. Southern Europe could offer quite a nice few, and I like commuter routes, so I'm upvoting this idea :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. helderbrincolas

Being portuguese it would be a dream if TSW got a portuguese route! This is a route that i've ride sometimes and it's great with beautiful scenery and landscapes!

• Like Like x 2
  6. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

The scenery on this route is very interesting! You drive right through Lisbon and then cross the iconic 25 de Abril bridge to the south side. All the stations up to Pinhal Novo feature incredible contemporary architecture with their tiles and wavy roofs. The wavy roofs were designed to symbolize the commuting route that crosses the bridge (this was a very big achievement when it started as it relieved the 25 de Abril bridge from a lot of road traffic!).

If DTG ever considers this route, I would suggest starting with the Fertagus commuter route (blue train). Since there are 2 companies offering this route, I think the priority should be given to the licenses of the commuter route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Iberian Peninsula needs representation!

• Like Like x 2
  8. helderbrincolas

Couldn't agree more mate!

• Like Like x 2
  9. migueld

migueld Active Member

Agreed, but it seems like to DTG only UK, Germany and USA are worthy of having routes from their countries... In ten years of Train Simulation, nobody has yet made a route in the Iberian Peninsula..

• Like Like x 3
  10. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

I think they've at least looked into it. I'm hoping we'll see something in TSW2 or maybe the next game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. migueld

migueld Active Member

I very much doubt it though. Just recently on a live stream from DTG, Sam read out the top 20 most requested routes, and none of them were in the Iberian Peninsula. :/

12. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Totally agree! Some stunning scenery. I adore Lisbon, and it would be amazing to drive the train over the 25th of April bridge.

• Like Like x 2
  13. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

The best way of trying to get routes of the Iberian Peninsula is to support the ideas as much as possible and to suggest more routes. It's a shame that it has never been featured in a train sim officially and all the unofficial mods are now getting very outdated...

• Like Like x 3