Possibility Of Fictional Routes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by elvescast, Aug 18, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

13.3%
  2. No

86.7%
  1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

First I'm not sure if this should be here or suggestions so I'm posting it here.

What would DG and players think of creating fictional routes?

Would people still buy them? Would they refuse because its not a representation of a real place and line?

If you would, what would you think?

I personally think it would be great with a route with a split line (similar to HRR) with a super high speed (at least 255kmh) and a commuter route with speed of around 90mph and stops every 1-1.5 miles. With overhead wires for both.
    Then even a branch line with DC third rail to add extra?

They could all use 1 Station with both types and would like the OVH lines to be capable of 16 coaches/ high speed 12 coaches/ commuter and the DC branch 8 coaches.

Line length approx 20 miles for the split route and the branch line being about 2 miles alongside the above with a 4/5 mile split of with single or double track.

With it all being fictional they could include different units for a timetable say a US loco for freight, an ICE or javelin for high speed then either a 375/377 or a DB BR 422/423/425 for the commuter with it being opposites.

Now I know that sounds a lot which is why I say a short length of 20miles.

Also I know a multiple of different units in such quantities is not in the game so would have to cost more.

Personally a route such as this I would easily pay plenty more than the current standard £24.99 per route. I would pay somewhere like £74.99 because of quantity.

2. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

First, what an excellent daydream I know.

Second. Great consistency you used kmh for 1 speed description and then mph for the other.

Also what about the DC branch? 0mph? 0kmph? Who knows.

Ok so I proof read this and then posted then read again and realised my mistakes and decided I need to post before someone else did, I don't like editing because it can change the whole message I'm trying to put across.

3. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

There are so many real life railway lines to explore yet, with very interesting operations! :) I would like DTG to focus, effort and resources solely on that instead of fictional routes as long as no editor is available...
    Business wise it doesn't make sense either, in the case you are describing it, it would be putting all eggs in one basket...uurrh, all trains in one route! ;)

If (at any point) an editor would be available people could make there own model train track or imaginary route themselves and use the collection of bought trains on it (as possible already with the routes available and the 'off the rails' functionality).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I voted no because I rather DTG and other 3rd party developers focus on creating real routes, especially operators that aren’t in the game yet. Spending time creating fictional routes will be a waste of time and resource, especially when they have to come up with fictional names for the stations and timetable. I definitely won’t be buying fictional routes.