Possible To Run Ts2018 On More Than One Monitor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Aug 30, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I have a 3 monitor setup, 2 of them are identical 4k, the other is a 1080, would it be possible to run the game across more than one? If so what is required?

Thanks!

2. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I swear I've seen it before but I don't know how to do it unfortunately. Sorry if I was unhelpful, but just letting you know that it is possible somehow. I think

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Do you want duplication or stretching, and if stretched do you want 4k on all screens or a lower resolution?
    The requirements will determine the advice

4. StratPlayer62

Stretching. I can't do 4k on all 3 screens because only 2 are 4k, one is 1080P. Even if I can only run on the 2 monitors that are at 4k that would be a big improvement, or all 3 at 1080?

This is what I want to do.

5. StratPlayer62

Well I figured out how to do it, basically you go into Nvida control panel and enable "Surround" then configure as needed. I'm only able to do it on my 2 4k monitors but still, WOW, what an experience, it REALLY ads to the realism. The downside is my frame rate averages in the low 20s, but the game is still very playable at that rate and it is well worth the sacrifice. Looks like I'll need another monitor of the same resolution if I want to make use of all 3, however I don't think my video card will be able to supply enough of a frame rate to run all 3 monitors at 4k, which is a GTX1060 6GB.

Is there a way I can run the game at a lower resolution and still fill the screen?

6. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

As long as you keep it in the same aspect ratio as the monitor, yes, but the game will appear fuzzy.

7. StratPlayer62

I figured out how to get it on all 3 monitors. I had to change the resolution of the 4k monitors to 1920x1080 so they all 3 match, also in Nvida control panel there is a setting for how many monitors and what configuration. Once I got that set properly it worked great, and I was getting anywhere from low 30s to low 60s on the frame rate. And WOW talk about amazing, having the game on 3 monitors is just awesome, 2 was good, but with 3 the HUD and on screen messages stay centered and don't get broken up, it really make the simulation much more enjoyable. I highly recommend doing this if you have 3 monitors, or even 2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I'd love to be able to do that too. Unfortunately, I have a limited desk space as you can see.
    Well. I thought you would see but I can't upload a video to this forum. Do you have to go through YouTube or is there a better way?

I'm just an old man trying to learn new things. Any help from StratPlayer62 or anyone else would be appreciated.

9. StratPlayer62

Are you asking for help running on more than one monitor or for help postsing a video?

Youtube is probably your best choice.

10. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

Was asking for help posting a video. I suspected YouTube was the only way to post videos. Tried to find it on the "Support" & "Help Links" on this site but got nowhere.

11. StratPlayer62

I'm sure there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to upload videos and post them to a forum that will show you better than I can explain it.

12. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

You are missing the point. I have been uploading videos to YouTube since 2015. Check out my post in the thread Canadian Content. All I wanted to know is if this site accepted a video format directly so now I'll do it this way.

I'd love to be able to do that too. Unfortunately, I have a limited desk space as you can see.

13. StratPlayer62

Maybe someday you can get a larger desk, either way you still have a nice setup.