Post Rush Hour Release

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I am hoping that once Rush Hour sees the light of day, DTG can make a real push on getting the original preserved collection routes up to the expected quality levels and ensuring a consistent quality across all routes. I don’t doubt that a lot of work has been done on the preserved collection routes already, but there is still far too much inconsistency in quality across routes.

Examples of outstanding issues include:
    • Inconsistent sound levels in and out of the cab. Certain elements of sound being far too loud or too low e.g. window wiper sound, traffic noise, almost none existent sound in some cabs - even with windows wide open.
    • Trains getting confused as to which is the front/rear, left and right when showing you going up/down hill or when opening doors on the wrong sides.
    • Stop markers being in the wrong place or far too close to red signals, risking a SPAD after spending so much time running a service/scenario.
    • Incorrect number of collectables on routes, including Hamburg to Lübeck, LIRR (still despite this being reviewed already), Ruhr Sieg Nord.
    • Some routes not counting miles travelled correctly.
    • Travel times between some stations being unrealistic, including the majority of depot runs.
    • Not enough time to set up trains before services start. We should get at least 2 minutes at the start of each service to set up - especially when starting a service for the first time from the timetable menu. If running services back to back, the time between services generally allows enough time. You never see a driver dashing about the cab setting it up in real life - they get enough time.
    These are just few examples of things that especially get on my nerves when playing.

What would you add to this list?

• Like Like x 9
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a bit more than 2 minutes. Setting up a traincab on ie Pen Cor or LIRR takes a bit of time, and then you have to run al the way to the back of the train to setup the taillights and back again... 2 minutes won't be enough.

Other points that I hope will get fixed:
    • DB425: fix the Sifa alarm not showing up on the HUD
    • DB143: fix the non working trainlights switch
    • DB182: fix the gauge lights
    • DB146: fix the horrible sound, if possible please put in the sound we had on TSW2020
    That's all that comes to mind at this time (at work :) ) I'll probably add more things I notice when playing

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Probably most important to me is if you spawn on foot at Eastbourne and your train is on platform 2 then you can’t drive it because it derails because the stop marker is in the buffer. That’s the same reason you can’t put 12 car services at Eastbourne in scenario planner.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Regarding consistency, I'd like more pathways i.e. platforms on all routes for scenario planner. There are a lot of good routes that do this such as Great Western (almost all platforms at Paddington can be driven to/from which is fantastic) however when it comes to some like ECW we only get three platforms to use at Brighton, can't use platform 5 at Lewes (while platforms 1 and 2 are only driveable to Newhaven Aggregates making passenger trains pointless) and Eastbourne you can only arrive and depart from platform 3 and 2 respectively, while platform 1 is not usable at all.

Oh, and would like improved sounds on the 377.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Not only do I highly doubt that any of these will ever be fixed, I would bet that the Rush Hour routes will suffer from at least some (let's be honest, probably all) of these issues as well.

• Like Like x 6
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Like a snowball at the top of the mountain it will grow and grow until it’s at the bottom, the same with bugs on TSW2 at the end it’ll be impossible to fix them and they’ll just move on

• Like Like x 3
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Unlikely for the BML .

8. cloudyskies21

But aren't we supposedly getting the 387 with newer sounds? If so, I can't see them keeping the existing 377 sounds. When they upgraded the 166 with newer sounds a while back that was really popular with the community, fingers crossed but I expect you're probably right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The 387 sounds are slightly different to the 377 , but they will be based off the current electrostar sounds

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I can understand needing more time, but sometimes, especially in passenger service, you only get two minutes. When I was an NYC subway conductor, we (both conductors and train operators) are suppose to be on our trains 2 mins before departure. A lot of times our trains arrive when we are suppose to depart, so we got 0 mins.
    Granted, the railroads are a different beast. The LIRR, for example, have trains begin boarding at Penn Station 10 mins before departure. Same for NJT there.
    I have noticed though that if you turn your master key to on and open the doors, you can set up the rest of your train during boarding.
    Once you get familiar with your cab setups, you may find that two mins in more than enough time.

• Like Like x 3
  11. OnlyMe1909

Two minutes are indeed enough for setting up the cab. It's the 'running to the back of the train to turn on the tail lights' part of my post which needs more then two minutes

• Like Like x 1
  12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Oh. The M3s. To be honest, those are suppose to be on by default. Even realistically. I just don't bother with that anymore since you actually wouldn't have to do that for real unless maybe in a yard.

13. OnlyMe1909

Ok, I'm just a bit OCD about the tail lights :)

On the M7 they're on by default (as it should be) indeed, but not on the M3's. Also on Penninsula Corridor, they're not on by default

14. OnlyMe1909

Saw in the patch notes that the latest update had some improvements on the DB425. Does anybody know if they also fixed the non working sifa dashboard light. I hope they didn't forget that....

15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I reinforce my theory about the sounds of the London Commuter 377SN and 387GX, the train sounds are perfect, listening externally, internally the sound is very low, inside the cabin when you open the left window there is a very loud wind noise, DISPROPORTIONATE. I don't know if just solving this noise problem solves the rest, but I would like to hear better the traction sound inside the cabin in these two locos.
    Another sound problem is driving these locos in the rain, the rain noise is extremely loud compared to the other sounds.

I believe that in London Commuter there is no problem with the LOCOS SOUND, but with the DISPROPORTIONAL SOUND MIXING, they need to regulate better inside the cabin, with emphasis on the traction sound, wind noise with the window open, rain noise, and security system signals.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  16. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Fully agree with you here on all points you've raised.

I'm far from being any expert in trains sounds, but just by the comparison between 377SN sound in ECW and in BNL I felt the difference in quality of sounds provided by Armstrong Powerhouse for 377SN, 387GX and also for 314 on Cathcart Circle Line is huge. They've made great job recording it and it is such a pity that driving inside the cab of those trains you cannot hear almost nothing of it. Open window helps, but only if you are driving under 25mph, exceeding it results in the sound of wind drown all other sounds.

I imagine that the cab of those (and other modern trains) is probably very well soundproofed IRL, but then, why the rain sound is so loud you have a feeling that you are standing under thin, steel roof rather than sitting in modern commuter train/loco ;)

Definitely something to improve here unless it would be against the reality, because as I said above - not an expert here, current inside driver's cab sound mixing might very well reflect the real life.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD Please, my dear, intercede for us on this point so that the staff can review and provide us with an urgent correction of these points. We thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cloudyskies21

Much agreed regarding the left window wind noise and the annoying rain noise sound - indeed hope these are fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  19. tcmikaelsouza

Continuing our saga, I opened a ticket today in the hope that they will solve this soon, if you want, do the same, based on my mentioned text, to touch the heart of the DTG. hahahaha