Potential Loco Dlc Ideas For Glasgow For The Cathcart Circle Addon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JustAVaporeon, Jun 24, 2021.

1. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

Glasgow Cathcart Circle so far has seen positive reviews with small negatives here and there. I think there could be a number of loco DLC potential that can make the addon feel more lively and varied.

Class 380:

The three car Class 380 variant could substitute for the Class 314 and add 3 new scenarios. A Class 380 could be a nice addition in multiple ways:
    • Newer and different to the 314.
    • More numerous units than the 314 (Which would help in making GCC feel more realistic).
    • Offers different performance.
    • It can also help in making Glasgow Central feel less dead with AI only services on the mainline.
    • It would also be the first Desiro in the game, and can form the basis for future Desiro trains if more come to Train Sim World 2.

Class 318 & 320:

I grouped these two here because aside for a few differences externally and inside, as well as different cabs, they share the same Mark 3 bodyshell and also derive from the same family of trains, being from the BR Second Generation family of trains which all utilise Mark 3 based bodyshells. I feel either the Class 318 or 320 (maybe both) could be a nice addition as well for reasons:
    • Both run on the Cathcart Circle Line.
    • Their main bodyshell can be reused for other Second Generation MUs.
    • As with the Class 380, they can also help make Glasgow Central feel less dead with AI only services,
    • Can substitute with the 314 for variety and busier feel.
    I feel with any of these three DLCs, GCC can look and be even better. With its success, there's no doubt loco DLCs can be as successful if done right. But what does everyone else think?

If there was a thread that already suggested one of these, I apologise, but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts regardless!

• Like Like x 6
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yes, just yes.
    They have got to make a 380 surely after how much support it's recieved so far.
    The 318 & 320 would probably fit better on North Clyde or Argyle however, as you get a lot more use out of them, and the 380 would be good with something like Ayrshire or Inverclyde, but we need these to show up.

• Like Like x 1