Poutrsmouth Direct Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by onepewpew#8391, Oct 24, 2021.

1. onepewpew#8391

onepewpew#8391 Member

Here I am suggesting the PDL from London’s busy Waterloo station to Portsmouth harbour. The route would be 48 miles from Woking to Portsmouth harbour but the 20 mile extension to Waterloo would be included.
    The 2 trains I am recommending are classes: 450(top) and 444(bottom)
    upload_2021-10-24_15-26-4.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-24_15-27-13.jpeg t
    These trains would be new and unique to TSW with factors ranging from new sounds, cabs e.t.c….
    I am suggestions the trains in the old livery because it looks better than the new one.
    Possible dlc for the future (or even on release) could be the classes 159, 455, 707 and 66(GBRF).

Another great thing is the possibility for many AI trains including Gatwick express, southern and southeastern around the Victoria and Clapham junction area. GWR and southern around Portsmouth harbour.
    This route would bring much diversity from slow commuter to fast express, on top of that considering the demand for London commuter this would be a best selling route in my opinion.

• Like Like x 7
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour is unlikely to happen because it is probably too big to make in one go.

The Train Simulator version was effectively built over two releases, and even then lacks the level of detail expected in TSW.

It might also need to be in the South West Trains era as Southwestern Railway didn't make it into Southampton to Bournemouth in TS.

3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

There is now a suitable route to Portsmouth.
    The first one is Brighton to Portsmouth
    The second is from Crawley to Portsmouth, because the route from London to Brighton is now open. So DTG can use this branch to quickly implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I doubt this will happen, as we already have a 50 mile mainline from London going south.
    Woking to Portsmouth is already quite long, adding an extra 20 miles to take it to Waterloo would make it the longest route in the game.

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think it might depend a lot on the number of stations and towns the line passes through as these are likely the biggest drain on resources. Are the stations as tightly packed as they are on BML, or are there sections of open countryside which might allow them to build a longer route in a similar time? DTG have said they're becoming more efficient at route building, so there's hope that route lengths may begin to increase a bit.

6. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

No matter what route, I would love the class 450 and 444 in South West Trains/ South Western Railway livery coming to the game. And I would even prefer the class 455, it is my favourite English train

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

That would require a route extension/merge, which DTG have said they aren't doing (for now).