Preserved And Beyond! What Comes After.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Oct 20, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to make this thread just to share a little insight to why we haven’t seen a lot of smaller bug fixes for TSW2. On the October 20th Munich-Augsburg gameplay preview stream Sam was asked if “Once the preserved collection is completed will we start to see a lot more of these aspirations they have on the roadmap?”. The short answer is that we will start seeing a lot of bug fixes and upgrades for content already out. He also had said it frees up the people who are working on the Preserved collection to move on the bigger things. I also have attached a genuine quote from our (pretty awesome) TSW2 community manager that has a little more insight on the subject I mostly wanted to share this information so that it may be helpful to someone who doesn’t know or thought about why we haven’t received some of the smaller bug fixes or updates to TSW2. I say to you all. There have been a lot of bumps on the way here, but I think everyone here knows that DTG have been putting an honest effort into making this a better place for the whole community. I really think we need to do our part and be critical but we need to do it in a more positive fashion and we need to try to think positively about what the next year ofTSW2 has in store for us. No matter ouropinions, we ALL enjoy TSW2 and ALL wantto see TSW2 succeed.

Link to original thread—https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dtg-communication-and-transparency.28797/#post-192246

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m really excited to see what comes next once the big job of putting the preserved collection is complete.

So many possibilities.

• Like Like x 5
  3. matthewbguilford

Imagine the work it takes on the Preserved collection but instead being used to fix bugs and updates on all routes. That’s a very exciting thought indeed!

• Like Like x 5
  4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They need to fixed all the garbage what comes over from TSW 2020 in TSW 2 like texture glitches on the cockpit or that the Dostos passenger lights shine over the construction, multiple Sound issues like BR 143, 146 and 185 and Speed Bugs for the 146

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. matthewbguilford

Sure, I would just make sure that someone has made or make a bug report in the forums so it is known.

6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They know it since the release with the texture glitch on the cockpit because I shared it multiple time and mentioned Sam and Natster to see it.
    And another guy make a Topic about the Dostos Passenger lights Bug

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully, we get a fair number of bug fixes. In the live streams, a lot is said about further ambitions, maybe next year, but working on them yet:

- A fully revised 2D map function
    - Passengers upgraded
    - Improved sound for especially preserved collection
    - Passenger information systems improved a lot, based on routes (If Muniich-Augsburg you can see some new features already)
    - Support for trackIR, an external device API ...
    - Livery manager for at leats some preserved collection stuff
    - Flexibility with layers

I think this is a list where we possibly see progress in the next months, but not everything at once.

Stuff that is discussed, but may be far away:

- Improved scenario planner and the ability to share scenarios officially
    - Multiplayer, maybe just the option to drive as a guard and do the job.
    - Steam engines

Nothing of this all are hard promises, so it may not come at all, but is nice dreaming of all this stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I wonder when I'll be able to open the doors with a simple keybind...

• Like Like x 4
  9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

My wish list would be to see the Hud tightened up and a way to edit an existing timetable or scenario.
    In TS you could edit a scenario and substitute a loco and it's consist.
    The other timetabled items would perform as programmed. Why reinvent the wheel?

I don't think that sharing scenarios officially is a priority.
    When editing becomes easier, simmers will find an unofficial way to do so leaving dtg with clean hands.
    That said the Tab for the doors is a horrid mess across the centre of the screen.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a good move, having a team just for fixing bugs. They will be very busy bees. But that can only have a positive impact moving forwards.

11. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Scenario sharing isn't a priority on PC because we can, and already are doing it without an official mechanism. However our console friends might differ in their prioritization.

• Like Like x 1