Pretty Quick Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stinkyheadsman, Aug 28, 2020.

1. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

Hey fellow enthusiasts,

Would it make sense for me to buy both TSW2 and TSW Classic? If I do get TSW classic as well, im getting plenty of routes to add to preserved collection, but it will bring my TSW bill up by almost double. In the long run, is it cheaper to just get the TSW2020 base bundle on steam if I want DLC?

Thanks guys
    Cheers

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You will be able to buy them for TSW 2.

3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you like all the routes included in TSW1 it makes a lot of sense (you only pay 7,5€ per DLC, instead of 29,99€). You can also wait until there is a sale, and get them even cheaper.

In fact, the only reason not to do it is if there is 1 route that you absolutely want and that is not in TSW1. If you really like just 1 of the routes included in TSW1, you can consider the other 3 free stuff you get with it as just 1 route usually costs 29,99€.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

I know that, but it will be a lot cheaper to get both TSW2020 and TSW2, right?

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I would just skip buying TSW 2020.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is currently a sale on for PS4 which shows the issue. HRR route is discounted for TSW2020 but full price for TSW2. I don’t know if sales for PC would have the same thing happen but there is the potential to save a great amount if you are planning to buy a lot of DLC. Buying DLC for TSW2020 could save you in the long run.

Add to this the bundles in the TSW2020 base games which get you the routes for TSW2 also. Big savings.

My advice would be to get both if you plan on buying a lot of the Preserved Collection routes.

7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Not sure about this, the preserved routes will be discounted once available so maybe the monetary gain of buying TSW2020 is not that much.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you get the base TSW2020 bundle you get:
    • Great Western Express
    • Long Island Rail Road
    • Main Spessart Bahn
    • Northern Trans-Pennine
    This bundle is £24.99 so £6.25 per DLC

If you get the deluxe version you also get the Peninsula corridor but the cost is £40 so £8 per DLC

Given I doubt any DLC is going to be as low as £6.25 on sale for quite some time I would say the best VALUE is to buy the TSW2020 bundle, giving you the 4 DLC licenses so when they come out on TSW2 you get them straight away
    If you never actually download and install TSW1 that's fine, because you have the license for both versions of the DLC

(all prices are based on steam UK prices as of 28/8/20, other vendors prices may apply, prices are subject to change...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1