Other Pri Indicators Now Working- Well Done Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Olaf the Snowman, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

If you don’t know what PRIs are, I’ve added a brief description at the bottom

Was testing out the 395 on the GWE Route for the first time this evening and a couple of minutes after leaving Paddington, I was amazed to see the PRI indicators showing a straight arrow. Previously, this has always been blank because they DTG hadn’t programmed them but it looks like they have got it working now which is great news.

Heading straight on the mainline: Straight arrow
    E9B9E5A8-52F6-4C9A-91C5-64616AF1F2F1.jpeg

Going across the junction to Old Oak Common: Indicator 1
    EA08ACD7-B7DF-4720-9FFA-5719B3086686.jpeg

Going across to North Pole depot: Indicator 3 -I’ve also attached the junction signal to which the PRI corresponds to and as you can see it is also showing junction indicator 3.
    D415C089-CF16-4DC3-8B2B-08FDBDA93FCB.jpeg
    7B3D1B8F-35E0-486B-AC2E-B47E1EE5848A.jpeg
    As I’ve said in other threads, PRI indicators aren’t that important in GWE because there’s only one set of them on approach to the depot. So why is this a big deal? Other networks/routes use them a lot more approaching key junctions or big stations such as the West Coast Mainline between Rugby and Birmingham. So we can look forward to those routes being done properly when they are finally on the road map from DTG.

They’ve also got flashing yellows working on at least one particular junction on SEHS so it’s nice to see that they are improving/fixing infrastructure issues. Hopefully they’ll also sort out Approach release signalling as well as proper functioning TPWS grids.

For those that don’t know what PRIs are, it stands for Preliminary Route Indicator. It provides an early indication to the driver as to which route or platform the junction is set for. Of course, you’ll still get a junction indicator at the signal (if you’re not going ‘straight’) but a PRI allows for advanced warning, in this case a few hundred yards.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And on NTP, the diversions just surprise you.......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Acutally, yes, they are suddenly working, which is nice. But then, I've seen these screens on SEH as well, between Gravesend and Ebbsfleet for example, and there they don't work...

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Well yes, likewise there’s countless areas where flashing yellows should be in place but they’re not. But now that they’ve got it working for one junction, they can slowly but surely roll it out on all the current routes. And hopefully when new routes come out, they will have flashing yellows/PRIs for all junctions that should have them. It’s nice to see that they’re working on improving signalling and infrastructure so I stand by what I’ve said that flashing yellows and PRIs are a big achievement for DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

They didn't exist in the time period that NTP is modelled, although they would be nice. You REALLY need a LOT of route knowledge for NTP.

• Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Exactly.