Price Hikes Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Aug 9, 2022.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Route DLC going forward looks to cost £29.99
    TSW standard edition £ 24.99
    TSW2 standard £24.99
    TSW2 Rush hour £34.99
    TSW3 standard edition £39.99

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Seems reasonable to me. No one likes prices going up, especially with a cost of living crisis - but things cost money to make and to make well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Yeah, may sound right to you guys in the UK. But I sure as hell ain't wasting $50 for the standard edition (or $60 for the Deluxe, and the 10% pre-order ain't gonna cut it either), thank you. (this one waits for a sale, no matter what)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. WVUadam

Cost of living I agree on but otherwise justified am not sure.

5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say there’s any info to say single route prices will increase to £29.99 at this point

TSW3 is based at that price due to it being a new game rather than a route add on

inflation is generally a constant thing, though it’s degree changes in certain circumstances. After rush hour individual routes didn’t rise up in prices just cause that particular area did

prices have risen with regards to multiple routes (Since TSW2) but no evidence points to single route increases likewise with Locos

In my opinion this can’t be regarded as evidence of rises the same way IOW2022 can’t be regarded as a standard of price decreases, the reasons behind them just aren’t the same

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Wow inflation must be high in the US because the game is more expensive than in Canada.
    Screenshot_20220809-201910_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220809-201851_Chrome.jpg

7. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If you don't pony up for TSW3 how will you get more TSW2 fixes.No wonder TSW2 fixes are released bit by bit.Personally this kind of nonsense is sucking all the fun out of this game and my poor credit card not enjoying it either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

If somebody buys (for example) the German bundle for £29.99 and at a later date decide they fancy another route, does that mean they will have to pay another £29.99 for the core game (again) + training center (again) + the new route?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised to see pricing being discussed on the Xbox forum. Am I wrong to think that almost every Xbox user has Game Pass?

• Like Like x 1
  10. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

You are indeed. I'm only one of four gamers on my (albeit small) friends list who has Gamepass - and the only reason I have it is because it was 'given' to me by Microsoft for £1 many moons ago. The general consensus amongst the people I know is that if it comes to Gamepass and you don't already own it, there's usually a good reason as to why you don't already own it, so whilst it's perfect for the more casually minded gamers it's probably less appealing for those who tend to appreciate what they play.

• Like Like x 1
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I understand. I switched from PS4 to Xbox so for me it's an easy way to fill up my library with gen9 versions of games I already owned on PS4 and all the Xbox exclusives I never had played before. But a lot of games come day one to Game Pass like TSW3. Maybe it's because I'm new to Xbox but I find Game Pass saving me loads of money with games I would have bought on Playstation and would have been a waste of money.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I still consider the pricing quite reasonable.

13. WVUadam

Ah okay perhaps the starter Packs are £29.99 each as Training centre is included.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Not everyone may have game pass so pricing each route at 40.00 isn't really that great a deal if you can get all 3 or 4 for 50/60 bucks.I find game pass problematic because xbox makes it easy to get but you have to jump thru hoops if you want to cancel it.

15. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

What hoops are you talking about? It takes 10-30 seconds to cancel on their website (depending on if you are already logged in, or have to acknowledge your 2 factor login).

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have game pass. The price for gamepass isnt bad either considering the number of games you can play. Game pass introduced me to the Yakuza series which I enjoy so gamepass is well worth your money

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is false. You just go to subscriptions on settings, click on your active subscription and you can cancel. There are no hoops at all. Its pretty simple

• Like Like x 1
  18. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I dont have game pass. Lol

19. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I would note that there is a fair chance that this is just to make up for the DLC gap between SOS and TSW3. After Rush Hour, for which the season pass was £10 more than usual, route DLC prices (including the rush hour routes) remained the same. So buying a Whole new release, Training Center, the routes you buy, incl. the trains, etc, it all works out.

I could be wrong and routes will go up in price, however they've been mostly consistent in DTG releases for a near decade.

20. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

It's plain as day that this supposed new train sim is a big cash grab and a tsw2 repeat

21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It's plain as day you don't have a clue what you're talking about.