PC Problem With Ai Pathing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Blartthaniel42, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how long this has been an issue but for some reason, the pathing AI is broken for some services. I first noticed it on Harlem Line dlc but I've noticed it in other dlcs recently too. What happens is the track get lined for me, the player, but then there's an AI on the same track. It tries to take my path but then bugs out once it realizes it's on the wrong line. Here's a example for Main Spassert Bahn (the service is DB 88114 Gemunden - Aschaffenburg).
    10:27:08 - I start the service and have a green.
    upload_2022-4-28_23-15-5.png
    About a minute later the signal turns red.
    upload_2022-4-28_23-17-26.png
    So what happens is that the passenger train at the top is suppose to pull into the station platform marked. However what ends up happening is that my train overrides the control points, lining them up for me, but then we both get stuck at red signals.
    The path (roughly) the AI is supposed to take.
    upload_2022-4-28_23-22-18.png
    vs. what the switches are lined up for.
    upload_2022-4-28_23-21-52.png
    This is so incredibly frustrating as I can't complete joineries because of it. The main culprit is probably Harlem Line. There is one service per journey chapter that doesn't work because the AI go down the path I'm supposed to and then just stop.
    Here's the list of Harlem Line services that got bugged for me
    1. 616 Southeast to GCT
    2. 618 Southeast to GCT
    3. 610 Southeast to GCT
    4. 324 Mount Vernon West Yard to GCT
    5. 787 GCT to Croton-Harmon
    I've tried doing the service right from the timetable and not the journey and the results are the same. I eerks me to no end that I can't compete a journey because of something like this.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Is this after reloading a saved game (known issue) or on a straight shot play through?

3. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

This is straight shot playthrough thing.

4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

See, I was beginning to wonder, since I was exclusively seeing it on Harlem, if it was something to do with how many trains can be backed up between the same signals, and if it was something to do with them not moving due to the path being wrong bc of the points setting themselves for the player, and was gonna test it by always holding back at the previous signal, but if it's happening on other lines too...

5. chris#5696

chris#5696 New Member

For me it works the service DB 88114 maybe they fix the bug...

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Journey or Timetable? Journey's services are sometimes broken

7. chris#5696

chris#5696 New Member

Timetable it works

• Like Like x 1
  8. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Yes I have also noticed this on Harlem. A good example is the ECS moves from GCT to Crestwood, one of them I think is train no. 2325? If you start the service from the timetable, many trains get stuck about Crestwood and you cannot complete the service. However, if you just spawn into the game and then take over the service, everything works.

Why is this? My theory is that, if you start from timetable, the game "knows" what train you're driving and clears your route in advance. This is a particular problem for those ECS moves, because they cross over the entire line at Crestwood to reach track 4 from track 1. So, clearing the line backs up other trains that otherwise would cross your path well before you got there. However, if you just spawn in, the game doesn't know what you're going to do ahead of time. It has also been mentioned in other threads that spawning in is a good way to avoid routing errors on Harlem Line in general.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. ryan#1234

ryan#1234 Member

I really think there is something to this as a solve. Today I had the most successful stretch of no AI backup by starting on one of the first morning trains and everytime I finished a service I would continue to free roam. I managed a couple services between GCT and Crestwood and semi fast back before that train was stabled at GCT and I walked over to the platforms and took a random service back out. It was great! Also very immersive in the 'shift of a train driver' type way.

• Like Like x 1