Problem With Drag Line Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ZR Leigh, Oct 1, 2018.

1. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

Hi has any one else has this and do they know how to fix it? I’ve had the same problem twice in a row now on my Xbox One S. I am able to tow the HST to around 10 miles away from Old Oak Common before the game makes a loud buzzing sound, freezes and closes down to the Xbox dashboard.

I restarted the console in between both attempts and don’t know what else to do.

2. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Is it me or are trains on wsr limited to 10 mph?

3. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Tried both the "gronk" and the 47 10 mph 12 max with throttle wide opened

"Confused" lol

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Remember this is a heritage line the highest speed on the track is 25mph in most other areas it's 10 or 5 mph.

5. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

The trains aren't, but the line is.
    It is a law in the UK that preserved, heritage railways have a maximum line speed of 25mph, which is why WSR has this speed limit.
    The WSR itself though imposes slower limits in places. The line runs along conservation areas, which makes track repairs/rebuilds far more costly and wrapped up in red tape than it should be, so slower speeds are enforced in some areas to minimise wear and tear.

The gronk is just a shunter, so it's maximum speed is ~27mph. The Class 47 however is capable of much higher speeds.
    If you're struggling to get your locos up to line speeds, make sure all the brakes are off (this can include handbrakes, direct brakes, auto/driver's brakes), make sure you're not wheelslipping.

7. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Does anything else unusual happen? Is it always crashing in the same spot? Have you opened a support ticket at http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/ ?

8. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

When or will there ever be a US dlc and a teaser?? lol
    I am a die hard fan of trains in NYC Chicago Los Angeles Miami ft laud and San Fran
    J

9. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

Hi Luke, no i haven't noticed anything else happen. I don't know if it happened at the same spot i just remember that both times i was around 10 miles away from my final destination. No I haven't opened a support ticket yet, I was hoping i'd find a quick fix on here.