Problem With Refuelling Somerset

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by frettededge, Feb 19, 2020.

1. frettededge

frettededge New Member

Hello Im new to this site and I was hoping to get some advice on how to solve a refuelling issue i'm having. I am using the class 39 on the Somerset Railway and I'm playing the scenario "Pit Stop" which requires me to refuel as part of the objectives. When I park my engine and attached the pump I cant open the valve to refuel, as in, it spins then returns back to the rest position no matter what I do I cannot refuel. Is this a known issue?

• Like Like x 1
  2. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

You have to hold the button open until the tank lid is fully open, then put the oil hose on it and wait until it is filled.

3. frettededge

frettededge New Member

Thanks for your reply, Im not too sure if this is the same thing but what I have tried so far: I walk over to the fuel tank the lid unscrews and drops to the side. I walk over to the pump which gets attached automatically when I approach the tank but nothing happens. I walk over to a red valve which is attached to the fuel pump pluming and try to open it but it spins back to the neutral position. No matter what I try the same thing happen's?

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I have completed this scenario but it was some time a go so I've forgotten the details. If I get a chance I'll try and give it another go later and see what happens.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Me too, that was long time ago! :o

• Like Like x 1
  6. mule4468

mule4468 New Member

Hi. I'm having the exact same issue. The red valve just spins back and it won't refuel.
    I had this game (and dlc before it became TSW 2020) and don't remember having this problem.
    I've tried switching the engine completely off, Inc master key, nothing works. Grrr...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yep, same thing happens to me now. Something has changed/gone wrong because I definitely have done it previously.

8. frettededge

frettededge New Member

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it's a bug of some kind. I have tried everything suggested as well. Hopefully it gets resolved soon, it's a great engine to run.

9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

This one STILL needs fixing. The red valve on the diesel pump just spins and then returns to off position (won't stay open). I hit the X button many times and it occasionally turned on but did NOT appear to be putting any diesel in as i waited for ages. Don't have the same problem with doing this task with a Class 66 at Acton Yard. Come on DTG. I will say however, the 33 has some very impressive sound in this DLC.

10. gjs

gjs New Member

I confirm this bug. Valve turns right back to closed. Can not refuel and finish this scenario.

11. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Confirm, me too. :(

12. Train4life

Train4life New Member

NEC is having the same issue with the CSX locomotives

13. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think this partially explains what is going on, with all valves...across all DLCs..... My very strong suspicion is that there is some core routine for handling "fuelling" or "loading from a hose" via an animated valve, and that this routine has recently been modified to now require a switch to be thrown, as can be seen here at 3:32.....:

So the routine might say:

IF (SWITCH THROWN = TRUE) AND (HOSE CONNECTED = TRUE) THEN (VALVE = UNLOCKED);
    IF (VALVE = OPEN) THEN RUN REFUEL........

And if you don't have a switch on WSR, or NEC, or anywhere else... then you can't open the valve***.

Just a guess. I don't know if this is what has happened, I am just trying to put myself into the collective mind of a FACEBOOKING stupid company. ;-)

And yes - if I am right, then yes - DTG literally have no idea how to regressively QA their coding changes... and have no idea how to manage dependencies.... which is quite shocking... for a software company. They should probably hire a librarian (NOT the one from Disc World), to help them with their filing.

-----------------------------
    ***NB: Actually, you can... sort of open the valve on WSR...... if you bang on the valve at a high frequency about a hundred times.... and you will then get the "Stop Refuelling" hover-text, but the refuelling or loading won't commence.... so this doesn't help you at all. I think you now need that switch.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  14. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Still the same and I have just updated the recent update! So annoying to spend money on a broken product!

15. elarthur

Time for DTG to fix it.

16. Gav

Gav Active Member

I have the same issue, came here looking for help. The train won't refuel, a lot of time wasted, I was just standing around waiting for it to fill up lol,

I keep pressing "fuel valve begin refuelling" but nothing happens. it needs to be fixed ASAP, this is not good enough.

17. elarthur

DTG have replied, assuring me that it will be addressed in a future update.

18. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Train Sim World Update – 20 April 2020

West Somerset Railway
    · Resolved an issue where it was possible for route refuel points to become inoperable (as originally reported in the Class 33s “Pitstop” scenario).

• Like Like x 2
  19. elarthur

Seen this earlier today, but thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ht-57

ht-57 Member

So I guess with the advent of tsw2 on the horizon this is just gonna stay broke on all other routes with the exception of the west sommerset rr- "imagine" if tsw2 actually rectified this and just half of laundry list of bugs, that would be worth the price in and of itself..

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Did you read the previous two posts and have you tried the activity after the announced fix or are you just grousing for the sake of it?

22. ht-57

ht-57 Member

LastTrainToClarksville
    Ty for the reply, let me clarify my post for you.
    "this is just gonna stay broke on all other routes with the exception of the west sommerset rr-"
    This part of my previous statement indicates that I recognize that this issue has been addressed on the sommerset route, which only could have been ascertained by reading the previous posts.
    For your information the fuel pump is still inoperative with any loco on the NEC route as of this morning, which is 6/27. only two months later.
    SO Please forgive my passion for the sim as coming off as complaining or "grousing" as you say, But after supporting this sim
    by way of purchasing routes and dlc since beta, I think I earned the right be a little put off that particular feature was fixed on another route and not addressed (along with some other bugs since beta- three years later) on a route that I like to run, that is soon to become abandon ware.
    I did end my post with some positivity as it is my hope that the next iteration of TSW rectifies issues such as this, because that would be worth the price in and of itself..
    cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  23. BobbyC

BobbyC New Member

I'm still getting the same issue refuelling Class 66 at Acton Yard where the valve simply will not engage and winds back as described and "fixed" on WSR it may have been but not on Aggregate Industries Scenario (PS4) - Anyone any suggestions - I've done it by the book, watched the videos the lot, but as described earlier in this thread the Valve switches off or never stays on and you cannot refuel. Anything else I can try to fix this??

24. LastTrainToClarksville

Bug, shmug! The OP threw me because it gave the wrong engine designation: "39" instead of 33. The 33 wasn't part of my collection, but happens to be on sale for about 10 bucks, so I bought it. After running the tutorial, I selected the refueling activity and it ran smoothly: none of the actions complained of and griped about above happened. Perhaps this has to do with my running it on a PC?
    In any case, having found the complaints about "Pit Stop" completely unfounded, I'm not about to waste time examining the other fueling complaints added here.

25. BobbyC

BobbyC New Member

Ok thanks for "Wasting your time on unfounded Gripes" which are clearly stated as Class 66 above. Once again your response is spectacular in its arrogance as well as inaccuracy. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  26. LastTrainToClarksville

You're welcome.

27. Glazier

Glazier Member

The bug is still there for at least Class 66 in at least one scenario, just tried "Aggregate Industries" and it's unpassable.