Other Problems In The Old Yard At Dresden

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 16, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Now on the recent Riesa-Dresden, in-between Pieschen and Neustadt, there is this yard that bypasses the junction where the lines to Flughafen and Riesa split.
    [​IMG]
    However, from having an explore of the area, this part has a lot of problems. Allow me to explain.

Firstly, you can't access the yard from the Neustadt side as it is blocked off via an invisible wall. The image you see below is the limit where you can walk too and you can't go any further.
    [​IMG]
    On the upside though, you can access the yard from the other side at Pieschen, but that's where the problems begin. Now before I get into the real problem with this section, there are a couple of scenery issues that I think need to be ironed out.

Firstly, there's this lump that needs flattening out on the line leading into the northern end of the yard.
    [​IMG]
    Then there's this piece of track on a siding that is floating in the air.
    [​IMG]
    Then, when actually in the yard, you have what is a common issue on many routes which is a stretched out rail leading into a rail joint.
    [​IMG]
    …and finally, near the southern end of the yard, you have this siding that is also floating slightly.
    [​IMG]
    Now I couldn't go much further on because this leads into the biggest problem with this section of the route and that is, if you managed to get into this yard, you will get stuck, and here's why.

Now the next two images you see here show me going up against both side of the rails here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What I want to show here is that there are some sections of line that seem to have an invisible wall lined at either side of the rails. This means that if you walk in between the tracks around this section, you won't be allowed to escape. Now I don't have any video footage to show this in action, but I made this labelled diagram to better show the issue that I am having here.
    Getting stuck in the old yard at Dresden.PNG
    As you can see here, what I am trying to show here is where the invisible wall along either side of the rail is. What this does is box you in with no way of ever getting out. I can't walk over the rail to get out as I am locked in between the rails with no choice but to keep going forward until I get to a set of points where I either clipped through to keep going forward, or I eventually get stuck, as the final image you see below is the limit of where I could get too with no way of being able to get out.
    [​IMG]
    Now I do hope this can be fixed but if I would give some advice here...

Please don't block this area off.

Even with all these issues, this is still an interesting area to explore and would be made so much easier if so many of these issues didn't exist. Also, for the sake of either scenarios or service mode, you never know if you might need this area in the future... just a thought.

By the way, if you do go down to explore this area and if you are able to get video footage of the particular issue I had in question, then do feel free to share it down in the replies below.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

On PS4 here. I went down exploring this area the other day and I got stuck as well. Literally soft-locked. Had to reset.. :|