1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With Mouse Pointer On Menus And In Cabs

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by davestixbuck, Aug 21, 2020.

1. davestixbuck

davestixbuck New Member

Hi,
    Is any one else having a problem with selecting items on menus and cab controls in Train Sim World 2. I am having to move the mouse pointer to about one inch away from the item I am trying to click on rather than hovering over the item itself, making train control frustratingly difficult and some items at the bottom of menu lists are unselectable.
    Using a standard USD mouse, have tried altering the mouse sensitivity in the game ( no effect) and mouse pointer is behaving correctly in all other games including Train Sim World 2000

2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Is your game set to the actual resolution of your screen? It tends to behave weird otherwise

3. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Funny enough, I had this problem in TSW2020, but I don't in TSW2. In TSW2020, if I wanted to change a switch on the track, I would have to click 50 pixels below said switch, same goes for most UI elements. I chalked this up to my DPI scaling (running at 4K with Windows scaling at like 150%). First thing I noticed in TSW2 is I no longer have this problem, and I am running TSW2 like I did TSW2020, at 4K with only 75% render resolution. Make sure you are running the game in Fullscreen Mode, not Windowed or Borderless.

4. davestixbuck

davestixbuck New Member

Many thanks for that tip. I have amended the in game resolution to match my monitor resolution, and mouse pointer is now working perfectly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

On a side note - I noticed that when you alt + tab out or go Windowed, the game reverts to a weird non-native resolution for me. So checking to make sure it's on the right resolution has become a normal thing for me, it tends to revert your graphical options as well (Advanced Settings).