Problems With Railroad Switches In The Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stefalam, Dec 28, 2020.

1. stefalam

stefalam New Member

I bought train sim world 2 on xbox series x days ago, I'm trying the tutorial of freight trains on the Sand Patch Grade line!, in one of the first missions there is to activate various exchanges to get to the point where to unhook the wagons, in the map it does not allow me to operate the switches and every time I have to get off the locomotive to operate them by hand, someone managed to operate them from the map ?? do you have any advice ?? thanks.

2. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Nope! Go to your external camera and you can throw manual switches by moving your cursor over the switch and moving it left or right with the (A?) button. It'll give you a prompt to move the switch. Same for uncoupling cars, move your external camera cursor over to the little bar on the edge of the car and press to unlock the coupler.

I was doing the same thing for so long but stumbled on this by accident. If you want I can make a few screenshots later if it helps.

However if it is an automatic switch you can't do anything to change it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  3. stefalam

stefalam New Member

so from the map you can not operate the exchange?
    I'm sorry I'm Italian I don't want to understand badly

4. stefalam

stefalam New Member

ok I managed to operate them with the external camera, on the PC instead you can use the map, thanks again for the help

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It is possible with the map on xbox as well, however since this is a tutorial and most of the controls tend to be disabled there it's not possible there.
    You can try it best by using the free roam scenario of Sand Patch (the last one in the scenario list), press the map button there, navigate to a switch and press A :)

6. stefalam

stefalam New Member

excellent I keep in mind your information, in fact it seemed strange to me that the map did not work, I will try as you told me!

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Just so you are aware you need to access the map while the game is running to be able to change switches. You cannot access the switches if you get to the map via the pause menu.

8. stefalam

stefalam New Member

ah here's the problem you have to open the map while in game not from the pause menu, now I have to find out how to open the map from the game and not from the pause

9. stefalam

stefalam New Member

ok solved thanks again to all, just hold down the select button of the pad the one with the two monitors side by side, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Same on PC. Usually, I change all the switches in advance while the train is stationary, before beginning an objective, though I'll often verify on the map while the train is in motion.

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No problem. The only reason I didn’t say how to open the map when in play is I didn’t know how to do it on on xbox as I play on PS4, where that function is done by pressing the centre pad that xbox controllers don’t have.