PC Problems With Sehs (known?)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by mancunian#7861, Jun 6, 2021.

1. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

I was just playing SEHS and everything was going well playing the 3rd scenario I think it is? Observe the coupling procedure - and was about 2.3 miles from Gillingham, the next station to stop at, when the engine sound just stopped and became almost unaudible but then more frustratingly, I was about 384 yards from Chatham when the allowed speeds were coming down fast and after some braking from me, my train just came to a halt in the tunnel almost at the end. Also my custom settings for D to go up the gears and A to brake, had somehow reversed. I put it into neutral and BC showed zero. If I put forward accelerator to 2, BC went up to 2.4 but remained stationery! Nothing I did then would let me move and I didn't have a cab light on so couldn't really see inside very well either. This is the second time at an early stage I've had problems with the SEHS and as it wasn't exactly cheap to buy, I'm starting to get royally frustrated with it. :(

So are these known 'undocumented features' (bugs!) or am I just very unlucky? :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Just an update on this - have reported the issue to DTG and, when creating a video, discovered another rather than the original, although I did get the same symptoms on the one I did - sudden loss of power and/or no acceleration. In scenario 1, someone suggested the reason I couldn't move was because I had to look up and down. Sadly that didn't work this morning so was still stuck right at the very beginning! I'm guessing this *was* tested so has got broken again by an update perhaps. Crazy - found 3 obvious ones now and still can't complete a scenario on this! As the late Tony Hancock once exclaimed ... dead waste of a shilling! :D :)