Proper Set Up For Powering America Part 2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gomek, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Gomek

Gomek New Member

So in Sand Patch Grade Powering America Part 2 I'm unclear how to set up the 3 locos. I'm following the AC440CS Multiple Working Configuration instructions from the Cane Creek manual. However, in this scenario there are two locos in front and one in back... are they set up the same way even though they are not all in the front? In other words, would the second unit in the front still be Single or Middle Unit? Also, does banking comm need to be turned on in all three locos. Because I thought I had everything set up correctly and I just get wheel spin and no movement.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I remember being able to get the train moving. You have to make sure set up is correct and wait for all the brakes to release. Don't apply too much power too quickly and wait for amps to build up. You only need to turn on banking comm in the first loco. The second unit is a trailing unit so you set it up as trailing. Engine run, gen field and the fuel something to off. Brakes and cutout should already be cut out. Make sure you touch nothing until after you turn on banking comm. Also there's a distributed power switch you turn on in the back panel of the first loco.