Proposal: Gcr Mainline Marylebone To Nottingham

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brucie-Magik, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Brucie-Magik

Brucie-Magik New Member

Hello all, though I'd chuck this in here.

So, as an idea for TSW, I would like to propose the Great Central Mainline set in steam days (would have a problem post 68!) preferable LNER era.

Now that would mean Steam locos requiring development for TSW, but here's the reasons for the route.

- This would bring steam traction to TSW, and some modelling reference/experience would already be available. A3'[s did operate along the route, as did V2's and Robinson 04's. All locomotives that RSC/DTG developed for Train Sim 20XX and have experience of making.
    - This would enable a new era of possibilities within TSW, the earliest route is the BR Blue Diesel era of the Transpennine route. This would bring more assets from earlier era's into TSW and encourage a wider interest. Currently, unless you like Diesels, there's really nothing outside of that that appeals to some corners of the Sim market.
    - The GCR mainline is Historic, it was the last one into London, opening in 1899. The route saw a cross section of routes and operations covering many classes of Locomotive and forms of carriage/wagon designs, with some pre grouping GC designs lasting many years until Early BR.
    - Covering Marylebone to Nottingham would be a decent run with good operational scope for scenarios. Granted, the route would be just a smidge over 100 miles long, which would be a mammoth task, but the rewards and longevity of gameplay would be worth it. Let us not forget, there were many yards and industries along the route which could give scope for many frieght operations as well as passenger ones.
    - Currently, in line with existing DTG products, the Great Central routes don't get much love, unless it's Woodhead. Other simulators, past and present, have comprehensively covered the GCR mainline, yet this is a gap that's existed within historic routes within DTG simulators.

I thank everyone for the time taken to read and consider this idea.

many thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

You’ll be lucky best thing is to dream Matt was doing a live stream in YouTube for upcoming train simulator release I asked when we would be getting a British route to which I got reply we’ve already got east coastway so best bet is to keep dreaming as judging by that reply no British routes upcoming in tsw

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think you'd be dreaming about a steam route any time soon, but I'd imagine some time around June or July for the next UK route, based on previous release dates and the fact that the rate of releases seems to be ramping up at bit...

TSW-Release-Calendar-2020-03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

We can live in hope