Props To Dtg's Design Team

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jan 14, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To balance the incessant complaints, I thought someone should give DTG a pat on the back once in a while for the many things they do right. Like this:

[​IMG]

This is the BR 185.2 in DB livery. Look closely- you can see where the older Railion/DB Logistics markings have been painted over. Subtle touch, and the mark of a graphic artist who went the extra mile.

• Like Like x 23
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It does look nice but the design team does need to improve passenger models because they look as if they came from a zombie apocalypse. Then you have the issue of some routes having horrible texturing like the Bakerloo line heading northbound at queens park and the station signs when you get up close and some preserved collection trains having bad texturing inside the train like the m7. The complaints are justified

3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I only wish the passengers were more dynamic. I'm fine with their current textures. The complaints are definitely justified, and they NEED to fix some of the textures in the game, but sometimes, they make some things that look lifelike (Like the BR 423).

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

I do wish the 423 had more passengers inside the train and most of the trains in general. Some trains sometimes don't have passengers at all

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is supposed to be a post about the good things. You ruined it l.

• Like Like x 13
  6. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

Yep. Just can't stop the almost constant sniping.

• Like Like x 7
  7. tallboy7648

I did complement the texture of the db br 185 and I suggested how they can improve the textures in the game because they are not very good in some routes. Look if you don't like hearing improvements that they can make to textures then I don't know what to say

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

If you say nice things about the good work it might make people care more and want to do better, people like compliments, you can't always be with the stick, the carrot needs to dangle too :) The OP doesn't say complaints aren't justified - this is just meant to be a space for compliments of the good artwork that is in the game. I noticed this paintwork as well and I think it is a great touch as you often see it around the railways given all the frequent changes in names and owners. At least before vinyl wrap became a thing :D

• Like Like x 7
  9. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

SMH. The OP's post had nothing to do with passengers. That being said, that was a fine job of showing the old Railion markings covered over. Nice. I might have missed this because I don't look for every tiny detail, but now I have seen this photo, I will look for it. Nice touch indeed.

• Like Like x 5
  10. tallboy7648

So what. It doesn't matter. The textures on the 185 are nice but I said that they also need to improve textures on other aspects of this game because it's not perfect

• Like Like x 1
  11. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Just stop ruining nice things.

Back on topic:
    The Doppelstocks have a nice little brake indicator on the bottom. If brakes are applied, this indicator is red. If the brakes are released, this indicator turns green. It basically is a plate with a red and a green squre painted on it which slides around. I don't have any screenshots right now but you'll probably find it if you just take a look. I think this is a really nice detail!

• Like Like x 9
  12. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that something as busy as the Munich S-Bahn isn't represented fully accurate to Real Life, but they did a damn good job. I actually haven't noticed a train without passengers on HMA.

Actually, I take that back, I did notice it once on a Scenario out of Augsburg.

13. tallboy7648

I didn't ruin anything. I just stated my opinion. Does stating an opinion that was a complement of the 185 and a need for improvement a bad thing now?

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

The route was made nice but optimization was not great

• Like Like x 1
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just a friendly observation - the overall theme of many of your post come across as being overly negative. what many are saying here - do not give out backhanded complements - no need to praise something then come up with something else that is wrong.

Nothing wrong with stating your opinions either — but don’t expect everyone to agree — or even want to read them after a while. I know you probably enjoy the simulation and are only looking to provide feedback to improve - but be careful of being overly negative.

• Like Like x 12
  16. tallboy7648

Hey im not trying to be negative whatsoever but there is nothing wrong with feedback. We have a right to say what we want to say

17. LeadCatcher

Sure you do, ....was just trying to be helpful and give a bit of polite feedback - take it as you will.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ZeenozPlays

*Sigh* Back on topic.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think the whole gears system of the Class 101 is pretty well done. Both how the system works, and the interface explaining this to the human. It's certainly an improvement over how they did the Class 101 in good old Train Simulator. It's more realistic, and more accessible as well, helping both simulator enthousiasts and (arcade) gamers. :)

20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As was said on the roadmap stream this week, DTG have several asset designers, but only one character designer, and that one designer covers ALL DTG content, so the disparity between people and trains (wagons, carriages, lineside assets) is now known, and it does mean that passenger development is going to be limited unless DTG get more people in who can do the work

Though they have also said several times if there are people out there who have a track record of such things and are looking for work then those people should contact DTG directly

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is amazing how positive threads get hijacked and become negative, as if there aren't enough of those or the ability to start new threads. As said above, if users complement work it may be just as much a reason for standards to be raised or kept high rather than constant sniping and criticising.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree. If someone starts a thread offering " props " to DTG, it's just plain mean spirited to offer negative comments which spoil its purpose. Criticism is fine but why not simply start a new thread?

• Like Like x 7
  23. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

TBH, the "obvious candidates" soon raise their pitchforks aloft in most threads. Easy to spot a forum sniper here.

FWIW, yep, absolute props to the design team, and to DTG as an effort. Doing their best with a small staff, new terrain for the game engine, and trying to push new features. The content they already have is awesome, and can only keep improving.

• Like Like x 9
  24. LeadCatcher

/* Forum Sniper */. Great new term — quite a chuckle on that one —- to stay on topic - My hat is off to DTG on the amount of time spent on the Railfan streaming - enjoy the banter between the principles, the roadmap streams are very informative. I feel DTG has done more in the last 6 months to interact with the community than most other development houses.

• Like Like x 8
  25. ZeenozPlays

We Shoulda stayed quiet. We understand. Some of y'all was not making it better by focusing on the people talking about Criticism instead of the actual post.

So yes, props to the design team, the detail on some of the Rolling Stock in the game is amazing. I especially like the way the undercarriage looks on the 72 Stock. Some of the details aren't even noticed unless you take a nice closeup look at things.

• Like Like x 3
  26. tallboy7648

I did complement the design of the train. You know you seem to be paying more attention to the sugesstion for improvement then the actual op post itself. Your not making it any better

27. ZeenozPlays

Oh lord. Good Luck with the replies.

• Like Like x 1
  28. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

I probably won't need the luck

30. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I love the reflections and slight dirt on the ICE when I drive placing the 3 cam just outside the cab. The sounds are amazingly from that vantage point as well, especially the air hiss when braking and the two horns - very nice!

With the destination boards and the coach lights, it also looks great at night.

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

The dirt on the ice does look nice and the sounds of that train as well :) I wonder if will get more ICE trains in the future. ICE 1, ICE 2, ICE Velaro D, the ICE T, and the ICE 4

• Like Like x 2