PlayStation Ps4 Add-ons Manager!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Mar 29, 2023.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So I just received an update for version 1.37 of TSW3 on PS4.
    I played the game yesterday, so I’m pretty sure this is not an old patch that failed to install earlier. Does anyone know what’s in this update?

2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Little update: The add-ons manager is having great effects on PS4!
    This is the first time since early access (when only the three core DLCs were installed) that the entire DTG + TSW intro video played for me without hiccups. I was also immediately able to enter the main menu instead of having to wait for about half a minute after the video played. The menu itself also feels much smoother, with less PS4 fan sounds (lol). Great work team!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This is great feedback, thank you! If you do experience any issues, please let us know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. antococ85

antococ85 New Member

I’m just facing issue with last update 1.37 for train sim world 3 released on March in PlayStation 4.
    Live injector steam valve for steam locomotives didn’t work during Locomotive Firing Introduction. Anyone is facing this issue? I’m unable to perform manual fireman operation at all.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Manual firing is not in tsw.

8. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

So its time to take a closer look on substitution. I've read that there are missing layers since the update. IIRC there were problems on PS5 aswell, so it looks like that problem wasn't acknowledged properly. But have to give it some time to see whats what.

I've realized aswell that the game now loads before letting you get to the menu, it was pretty embarrassing before that the game even failed to load the game properly. So far thats a good point. Lets hope the rest works fine.

9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Just a friendly reminder to take a look at your Creator’s Club livery subscriptions. With the add-ons manager, DTG enabled custom liveries for AI trains on London Commuter. Not sure if this was intended or accidental, but it completely wrecks the performance since each custom livery essentially acts like a whole new train in terms of game memory performance. The game crashed when entering the service and then proceeded to drop down to 2-7 FPS each time I came across a custom livery. Played a service from Brighton to London at the same time as my friend on PS5 and lost about 5 minutes because of the lag and reduced framerate :o

I guess now I know how the layers from PC and next gen would impact performance on PS4 ;)