Ps4 External Views Further Away And Up And Down Control Instead Of Reverser!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Sep 17, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

External views - on PS4 at least -, it have short distances from the train.
    We need to see the train from further distances.
    For both, appreciate better all the route great details, but also the train itself, from better angles to enjoy it or taking pictures.
    Today are very close to it.
    Several times it is difficult to get the right view to tight distance movements!

Related to this, is my second suggestion.
    Please change on PS4 controller the reverser function - which it is not used so frequently and you can easily do it from the cab of the train directly - to the up and down movement of the external camera.
    May be you could keep the reverser function if we are in the cab, but if we go outside, then change to up and down.

So kindly ask DTG, to implement those changes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I like using the free camera to mimic the view that someone on a nearby road might have, for example. Sometimes the limits on the cameras range is too restrictive to do this. Other times I can go quite some distance and get some nice shots such as the one below from tees valley line. I’d very much like to see the free camera freed up a little more! There's some superb modelling away from the tracks I'd love to have a little closer look at as well.
    5ec1312c-bd73-4dfb-b4eb-d18039b35ab8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigH

BigH Active Member

Maybe a setting in the options when pressing R3 for the external camera, controls autoswitch from "Immersion" to "Classic". I like the immersive controls in the cab, but outside it´s a different thing.

4. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes BigH,
    That could be a solution. Thanks
    But I would like Free camera have the long distance view as on TSW, but also with the new features of TSW2, all together.
    If DTG just allow more range of the views as before, or in the Classic mode, it would be great!
    Today is so close you can not even have enough camera distance for taking the train and other objects, or other trains.

Hope they can modify it!