[ps4] Gwr - Service 1a02/1g11 Game Breaking Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Northlander, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

A couple of issues I've ran into.

1. If you save the game during ANY service then reload, I'm finding it breaks the service - the game doesn't know you are on one, so saving your game is pretty pointless unless you save before starting one (especially if you like to run the same train from Reading to Paddington and back again)

2. Signal T1667 on the 1G11 service (Paddington to Reading @ 07:36) is bugged - stuck on red and never changes unless you save and reload - but then this breaks the service so it's pretty much undrive-able at this point

I hope that updates are being worked on as looking around the forums I feel as if this is it...DTG doesn't seem like other devs (I may be wrong) but they don't 'feel' like a team that are on the button with updates in their games, guess they have moved on to fishing world now?

2. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I can confirm though, if you save 'in between' service change (same train) To get the game to restart the change of service, you have to leave your train and jump into another train to activate that service, then jump back to your original train to reactivate the service.

3. Northlander

Northlander Guest

After further testing, I can also confirm the 'bug' with signal T1667 on the 1G11 07:36 service is resolved if you use the save/reload "fix" (even if it does break the service)

Running 1G11 after reload not only fixes the stuck on red signal issue (2 miles from Reading), but it also added in 2 yellow signals 20 miles from Reading, and another 2,15 miles out, 2 at 8 miles and a further 2 at 5 which I only assume continue to Reading as at 3 miles the game crashed, something it didn't do when ran without saving and reloading, it was greens all the way until the red which never cleared...

So I'm now thinking I wonder if you can do it without saving and reloading, but clear the train and wait on the platform until near service start, and not wait in the cab during arrival to departure??? Maybe that is breaking the service, that reloading (providing you can change trains to activate/reactivate the service) fixes?

4. Northlander

Northlander Guest

It's a bit disappointing to run into service breaking bugs, especially when you invest so much real time into a session only for it to glitch or crash, and saving doesn't help - do the devs even read these posts?

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Yes they do read them or at least the CM is reading them and passing them on.
    DTG is a small team and it takes longer than you might usual have experienced with others devs. So i wouldnt expect a Patch really soon.
    You can also submit Bug´s you found directly to the Support Team:
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Yes we do. Please bear in mind we don't work 7 days a week, so posting on a weekend is unlikely to get a dev response until Monday morning.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

That's fair enough I suppose, I'm just used with Frontier Developments and their 'cover' over weekends

8. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I did look at this, but there's no PS4 option - Only a TSW PC radio button

9. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Scratch that! Just clicked the TSW - PC option and it dropped down to reveal a PS4 and XBox option (I wonder how many others have ignored this because the console are hidden)