Ps4 Livery Editor Problem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AlexEnGame, Oct 15, 2021.

1. AlexEnGame

AlexEnGame Member

I'm around 160 liveries from a total of 300 but i can't save any livery anymore, i heared it has to be something with an overcap layers of 24k, is that true?
    If yes, why would (DTG) created that 300 liveries limit in the first place? received_903516053873215.jpeg
    Or what's the real problem here?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...after one year of intensive use of the "Livery Designer", we are slowly but surely reaching its limits. Never heard of the 24K layer limit before, but there must be an applied memory limit, at least on PS4. For me the limit is reached by 76 liveries, then the whole tool becomes unstable and I also get these error messages.
    A simple arithmetic task: if you fill the limit of 300 layers per seperate livery and you reach the established limt of 300 liveries, you will get 90K in the end, that's more than three times as much as 24K.
    So for further use I have to overwrite older liveries, but it isn't that dramatic, because some are done quickly.

I hope that the promised 2.0 version of the "Livery Designer" can solve the problem. If not then maybe a next gen PS5 might be a solution, but it can also have programmed memory limits, which you can see in the current addon problems reported in the forum. ;)

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I could be well and truly wrong here, but I vaguely remember reading that each PS game has a save file space limit of I think 1GB. I had it happen to me on project cars 2 with all the car set ups I had saved.
    Solution was to move some files out to psn cloud, but as liveries are all saved in the one file, that’s not possible.

my vague memory definitely needs fact checking, but if your file is nearing 1GB it could be that.

If when we can upload our creations to dovetail live for sharing I’m hoping that will also be a storage solution for people too.