Fishing Sim World [ps4] Starting To Run Out Of Patience...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clantron, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Clantron

Clantron New Member

... which is an odd thing for a person playing a fishing game, I know.

So I've been curious about fishing games since the fishing minigame in Final Fantasy XV and figured I'll give this one a shot. It was really interesting for about 2 weeks and I liked the way the game went. I leveled up through campaign and tournaments, everything going great. Then I suddenly noticed slowly the bite rate declining. A sale came up on the PS4 for some DLC and I picked up 2 that I thought would help. The Tackle Box (to help with biting) and the Carp DLC (2 lakes for $5.99, nice!). I started playing them and to my surprise the fish barely bite anymore. I sat through 2 20min sessions at Gillhams without a single bite. I've been browsing around for answers on what lures to use and I've been cycling trying out others in a multiplayer, no timelimit setup. Not a single bite in 2 hours by switching bait on 3 poles every 15 minutes. I must be doing something wrong....

I've been using the Sonik Vader X with Sonik Vader X Reel, 80lbs Braid, Dark Matter Rig 2 or Krank Rig 2 depending on bottom soil. Lures I've been using various: 6" Mackeral, 6" Smelt, 2" Smelt Heads, Nu-Trine Bottom Baits, Pop-up Tiger Nuts, Scent from Hell, Banoffee, Sweetcorn Double, Nu-Trine Pastels, Nu-Trine Dumbell Wafter and probably more that I cannot remember.

I've also tried different times of day, different weather. I've no idea what to do anymore.

2. Clantron

Clantron New Member

Gave it 7 days for a reply. I think I've had enough patience for possible answers. Maybe there aren't any...
    I know I see a lot of people complaining in various forums about similar issues. It's a shame really, the game played really nice. :|

3. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are struggling on Lake Gillhams. Hopefully we'll get you catching some fish. Try this for Carp - 80lb G Braid, Size 2 Dark Matter Rig hooks (Silt) with Essential Cell or Link Boilies.

We also have an active community on Discord where you'll be able to chat to people about the game: https://discord.gg/UcGcb4Y2

Thanks,

Benjamin

4. Clantron

Clantron New Member

Those lures are part of the Trophy Hunter's Equipment Pack, which I do not own. At this stage I'm not prepared to buy another DLC just to 'test' if the lures work. I also don't think it should be the case that DLC lures are needed for another DLC's lakes.

5. Clantron

Clantron New Member

So... that particular DLC actually went on sale today. Very curious timing lol. So I was tempted into buying it anyway. This is where it actually gets interesting. It worked. The lures you mentioned literally got me all the fish in Gillhams.

I'm happy to be fishing again with less frustration, however I cannot shake the feeling as to why I had to buy a DLC to fix a DLC...