PlayStation Ps4 Vs Ps4 Pro?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ian1991, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I have a PS4 at the moment and only really play racing games/fifa and this.....can anyone say if the pro is worth upgrading to?

2. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

Yes, with the ability to play at 4k, have way more storage and the fact that it has an upgraded system that will run games smoother it is very much worth upgrading too. Unless you are not sure and just want to wait for the PS5 next year

• Like Like x 1
  3. msmiley78

msmiley78 New Member

I got the PS4 when it first came out and I just got a Pro and I can say that it is much better at handling even its own operating system than the initial edition. The original was starting to slow down from all the updates to the OS that the Pro handles a lot better now. And I use VR, it's definitely worth the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  4. haanuman

haanuman New Member

If you have a 4K Display then it would be more beneficial, the games will run faster and smoother.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip guys, i have a 4k tv so i might trade my ps4 in and try a pro :)

6. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Just a side note on one of TSWs dev streams they said the sim is not optimised for pro and would not run any different to the standard ps4

• Like Like x 2
  7. Louwe

Louwe Member

That is why bought the PS4. Not every game (read the most) supports the PS4 pro and those you wanna have simply don't exist. Most games who are made for PS4 pro are shoothing games, devenatly no flightsims or drive games. Beside that, you need a (very expensive?) 4k tv to get the best results, the same as the tv programes, there are not that mutch who send out in 4k. The mutch cheaper UHD tv's are good enough fore all the games you want, take a look in your nearby hardwarestore, TSW is a exception on the rule. Forgive me for my bad English, i'm from Holland and do my best.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I gleaned this info from https://www.ps5playstation5.com/ps5-confirmed-2018-release if you're interested.

New Rumors Point to a 2018 Release Date For PS5
    It’s fair to say we won’t see the PS5 in the next year. Andrew House has also said that this will be the PlayStation lineup for a “substantial period of time.” That being said, the PS4 Pro will be outclassed quickly in the next few years, especially if Microsoft’s claims that Project Scorpio will be more powerful are to be believed.

This would push Sony into releasing the PS5 to keep up with the times. Of course, a 2018 date is pure speculation at this point. That being said, it’s a theory being supported by Wall Street Journal’s Takashi Mochizuki via his Twitter.

Takashi Mochizuki

@mochi_wsj
    PS4 Pro? Wait, what about PS5? Macquarie's Damian Thong who correctly predicted PS4 slim and Pro says PS5 may arrive in the 2nd half of 2018.

9:48 AM - Sep 8, 2016
    103 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    The prediction comes from analyst Damian Thong who is famous for accurately predicting the PS4 Pro and Slim before they were announced. It’s not much to go on yet, but it’s something to think about. It would make sense, given the roadmap laid out by Microsoft for Scorpio.

Microsoft is making more and more Xbox 360 games compatible on the Xbox One every week. Sony’s been backed into a corner. It’s time to bring out the claws and make backwards compatibility a feature on PS5. Thankfully, rumors are pointing to this being the case.

PS5 Backwards Compatibility: All The Latest Evidence
    The PS4 is absolutely killing it this generation, with over 76 million consoles now comfortably sitting in gamer's homes. That's an impressive install base, but if Sony releases a brand new console without backwards compatibility, they're essentially starting from scratch.

Yes, the PS4 would continue to exist for several years, but when it comes time for the PS4 to go the way of the dodo bird, all those gamers will have a huge library of games that they can no longer play on PS5. It doesn't make sense any way you slice it, and with Microsoft already offering backwards compatibility on Xbox One X, Sony needs to step up.

9. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well there wont be a PS5 in 2018. I would expect them 2020.

10. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I agree. 2019 but most likely, in 2020.