PlayStation Ps5 Enhancements For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BigH, Oct 28, 2020.

1. BigH

BigH Active Member

With all the developers that are announcing enhancements for PS4 games on PS5, i wonder when we will hear something for TSW 2.

Hello Games announced an update today, for free, for No Man´s Sky that feels like the mother of all updates. Hapitic Controls on the new DualSense, 5-10x times reduced loading times, richer, denser enviroments, 4k@60fps and more. The PS4 Version will still be sold, supported and updated, just not with next-gen features.

Frontier Development will launch Planet Coaster in a few days on PS4 and, enhanced for free, two weeks later on PS5 . Because they can´t use Steam Workshop on Consoles, they implemented their own workshop to share user created content (e.g. coasters, buildings, theme parks) for consoles. They designed a user interface with so many functions for controllers that is so good and intuitiv, that they put it in the PC Version.

There are about 30 games at the moment that are released on PS4 now or have been recently, that will all get smaller or bigger updates for the PS5 with the PS4 Version still being sold and supported. And i´m not talking about updates announced for later next year with raytracing support and more. Yes, they are from much bigger companys than DTG. I´m not comparing capacities, just customer information.

We haven´t even had confirmation from DTG that TSW 2 and the DLCs will work without problems, apart from known issues, on PS5. Yes they probably will work, because 99% will work. I know that from Sony.

What about loading times, frame drops, stutter? Does it change for the better with the new hardware? Is the game loading and streaming ok from the superfast SSD? Trophies on PS5 will now save a 15 second clip when you earn them. Does that work in TSW 2? Does the Dualshock 4 work with TSW 2 if you are not using the feautures of the DualSense? Does the Tempest 3D Sound Engine have any impact on the sound in TSW 2?

So many questions. I´d rather know things don´t improve without further patches than know nothing. At the moment i spend my money elsewhere, because i can´t make a solid buying decision.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Some things DTG Could do:

• Have us use the in controller mic (or external) to contact the dispatcher
    • Have Haptic Feedback go through the controller as you increase throttle, or go over junctions. (Also when safety systems go off)
    • Have the Triggers give a little bit of resistance when increasing throttle power.

3. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

If it just runs smoother and faster than my PS4 (standard) I will be happy

• Like Like x 1
  4. flystentz

flystentz Member

I can feel a difference between a standart PS4 and the PS4 PRO, so i would be surpriced if the PS5 would not handle the game better

5. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

If it does get released on PS5, I would hope the textures are upscaled to the PC version level as well as the render distance. I could imagine Munich to Augsburg would be a breeze for a next gen console to run.

• Like Like x 1