Ps5 Joystick Drift

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kevin.charb81, Oct 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Not a TSW issue, but have any other PS5 owners experienced this already with their new console? I understand it’s quite widespread, to the extent a lawsuit has already been filed against Sony.

I’ve only had mine for 3 months and playing FIFA and TSW exclusively, it’s already time for a new controller. Very disappointing that a $90 next gen controller in 2021 still succumbs to a decades old design issue.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes, me and my brother have both had a PS5 controller start drifting. We haven’t sent them to Sony yet though.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Not so far with the PS5, although I had a couple of the PS4 controllers suffer from it. Annoying it's still happening - they're not exactly cheap to replace.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the PS5 controller will always fail with this issue since the hardware design hasn’t changed for the analog sticks.

Fortunately my white pad that came with the console back in November hasn’t succumb to the issue and neither has my red or black pads I’ve had since June.

The issue is more common with twitch input games though, FIFA (which I haven’t played since 20) destroyed the PS4 pads’ analogs very quickly for me, games like PUBG, the division, and siege which are all quite taxing for the sticks too will compound the issue too.