Ps5 Performance/resolution Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stephen Crofts, Feb 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I haven’t got access to ps5 at mo, but just learnt about this feature.
    Does anyone know if the ps5 presets for performance mode, game default and resolution mode have any affect on playing TSW? They are supposed to tweak games towards frame rate or graphical fidelity for those that support it. Apparently it has had an effect on some backward compatible older games.

2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

There are no modes to select on PS5. If there was I'd have it on performance as some routes ran better on my PS4 pro than my PS5 and I can't see much of a graphical difference between the 2 platforms and I play on a 55inch OLED.

NTP now stutters in places on the PS5, it was silky smooth on PS4 pro.

3. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

This is certainly a head scratcher. I believe that the Xbox Series S has a resolution or performance setting as does the game running on Gen 8 pro consoles. Not sure why us Gen 9 users don't have a setting that drops it to 1440p. Preferably I think Dynamic Resolution Scaling would be the better option.

However, it may just be that the performance issues that impact the game may actually be completely unrelated to pixel pushing, so just lowering the resolution won't actually solve the issues we are seeing

4. Stephen Crofts

I need to get back to my machine and have a look. I was on a forum for an older car racing title that brought the issue up, seems to be some settings in the PS5 itself.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As far as I’m aware the global setting on the PS5 just selects the option automatically in games that have that option available. TSW2 does not have the option so the global setting on the PS5 does not make any difference and won’t affect performance in any way.

6. Stephen Crofts

I see, so we can’t tweak the game toward frame rate or graphical ability through the console itself. A shame but not unexpected I suppose.

For anyone wanting to know where in the settings the thing I’m talking about is, this screen shot can fill you in. 94AF0156-160C-4E52-8101-48446C150277.jpeg

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The PS5 does indeed have the option to choose between modes, however the developer needs to create the separate performance modes for the game itself. DTG has not implemented such modes for TSW 2, and will only run at 4K 60fps.