Ps5 Question About The Upgrade

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by IfICanDream, Mar 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Hi, I just got a PS5 and I’m in the process of downloading the PS5 upgrade. I’m curious is that just a graphics update for the game or does it have anything to do with the limitations on add-ones? Thank you.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DO you mean you're removing the PS5 versions of the DLC and going back to the PS4 versions?

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, I think the OP is asking what are the differences are between the 2 versions apart from enhanced graphics ie extra services, more passengers etc.

4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

You'll get all the same timetable layers that the PC version has on PS5. The only setback currently is that there is a 64GB memory limit for DLC. If you go over this, some DLC won't show in the menu as the game is only loading 64GB worth of content despite it all being on your console. DTG are currently working on a workaround for this issue.

5. IfICanDream

Well, I had both the PS4 and PS5 versions on the PS5. Only the PS4 version showed all my add-ons availabile. The PS5 showed only about half. And by the way I didn’t have any of them downloaded. What do I need to get need to do to get them to at least show up on the PS5? I did delete the PS4 version to see if that would do it and it didn’t. I don’t plan to install them all June yet.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

On the PS5 tile click options/start/burger and then down to manage. Delete the lesser used routes

start/options again and then info and if the game size is around or under 74GB (64 plus core) the game should load with the selected routes.

anything over this and it’ll take longer to load not all installed will appear.

PS4 version of the game you can reinstall reading your deleted it. If you have space that is (you can have all DLC owned installed and it’ll load)

7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I got lucky too and managed to get a PS5 from Sony’s store and the other issue which is investigated is that we can’t transfer our profile so we have to start from the beginning and all the liveries are gone too, that’s the reason why I stick with the PS4 version

• Like Like x 1
  8. IfICanDream

Not a big fan of liveries so it’s not really an issue. But the moving of the profiles is. I hope dovetail has this in high priority. One of my games that had no problem with profiles is MLB the show. Everything transferred over. I really hope Dovetail will fix this.