Psa: You Can Change The Camera View That Clicking The Right Stick Takes You Into

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Djb1990, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I've only recently realised it and I've not seen anyone else mention it here.

Normally, with the new immersion controls, clicking the right stick sends you to the head out view, and even if you move the camera it will reset the position to the head out position if you to switch between different views. And you need to use x and dpad right, to alternate external camera views.

However, I have just realised that in the camera settings menu there is a setting to change the view that right stick takes you to. If I remember correctly you can set it to head out, external, and free.

The external setting remembers where you left the camera viewpoint, even if you switch views (like it used to). Handy if you like to set up a nice shot that you can quickly switch back and forth to.

Personally I like having a quick way to get to the free camera, without having to faff about with a keyboard ;P

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I found this feature too as I am used to going straight to the front external camera view, very handy setting.

3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's so annoying that this update changed the default camera it switches to from external cam to head out, it would have been nice to have some kind of notification of the change and where the option to restore it was - I had to ask on the forums how to fix this back the day the update launched, too.

4. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Yes would've been handy to have had a guide to new changes, settings etc.
    Ahwell, just have to figure it out I suppose