Purchasing A Loco Addon Without Having To Buy The Route Too.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vectron383, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

We should have the ability to purchase a loco addon without buying the route, as for example a lot of German locos operate on several different routes but are only able to be bought for one. This is unfair to simulation fans who want to operate these DLCs on other routes, and now that we have scenario planner support for any train on any route it is much more feasible for people to drive when and where they want to.

2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

That is possible at some routes for example: NTP, NEC, TVL.

3. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

Exactly, and for example the upcoming BR 101, Which right now looks to be released for Ruhr-Sieg Nord, is also used from Köln to Aachen, for example. Or the BR 420, which is to be released for HMA but also operates/operated on SKA. Regional differences in units aside I believe this represents a lot of potential lost income and wasted opportunities for players.

4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The DB BR 101 is for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, not Ruhr-Sieg Nord. As far as I know it doesn’t drive on SKA.

5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned this in a stream a while back when Sam questioned it. I think it was the stream for the release of the DB BR 323.

At the moment it's not possible as it requires certain assets from the main route in order for the loco DLC to work, but DTG do want to get to a stage where you can buy the loco to use in scenario planner, or add layers to other routes. As ever though, if it's not on the roadmap...