PlayStation Pzb Brake Horrem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by simpletrainlife, Jan 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. simpletrainlife

simpletrainlife New Member

Hey Guys,
    my first thread here. I try to learn the PZB, but I can't get my head around this one situation shown in the video.
    From what I understand, you have to hold O on PS4 to acknowledge PZB, before you ride over the signal. I tried it all. Acknowledged before, after and just press without holding. I get the brakes everytime.

It is also very hard to see the signs, when the sun is behind you. There seems to be a shadow-bug, giving you a straight black shadow 20m in front of you (notice the horizontal black line).

Playstation 5, btw.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Well, at least in your video I cannot hear or see that you press any button. When passing this signal (to be correct, after having passed the signal, within 2.5 seconds) you should press (not hold, just press) the PZB Acknowledge button (whatever button that would be on your controller). Then the yellow 1000Hz should show up and you slow down to 80 kph.
    Did I see that correctly that the dispatcher window popped up? Where does that come from?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Do not hold circle. That brings up the dispatcher. Just press circle once after passing the signal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. simpletrainlife

Thanks for reply's. I actually found out, that you have to Press the "PZB Acknowledge"-Button.
    The Problem here is, that when you press "O" the Sifa and the "PZB" are moving. So I thought, that the PZB gets acknowledged.

Well, it doesn't seem so. Next Problem is, i can't see anything, when I try to get to that PZB with the Controller.
    The Sticks are way to "sloppy?" for that.
    I highly recommend a hotkey for the controller to not need to move with the stick to "PZB".

Edit: Just pressing Circle does nothing. Train will stop.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Circle operates SIFA acknowledge and PZB acknowledge. PZB free and PZB override are the ones that don't have a hotkey. Try looking at the PZB buttons and press circle. You should see PZB acknowledge being operated.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You need to press circle, then you have to brake to 85 km/h in 35 seconds.*

If the signal was correctly acknowledged then you will see the 1000hz yellow light activate in the HUD and a yellow bar will appear on the train's main display.

The circle button will reset SIFA and press "PZB acknowledge" at the same time

*correction - as pointed out it is 23 seconds

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

When a 1000hz magnet is triggered you need to slow to 85kmh in 23 seconds in PZB Mode O, 70kmh in 28 seconds in PZB Mode M and 55kmh In 38 seconds in PZB Mode U.

• Like Like x 3
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've driven a bit too much freight recently, I'll edit my comment

• Like Like x 1
  9. simpletrainlife

Thanks! I just had the ride without zero emergency brakes;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Note on 85 km/h: that's the book value. DB regulations, and prudence, say 5 km/h under all PzB speed requirements. In other words think 80 , because if the magnet catches you doing even 85.1, you'll get a Zwansbremsung.

• Like Like x 3