Pzb Help!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by njkendall42, Oct 28, 2020.

1. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Hi all.
    I have watched mats video on German signals which is great! Really helpful.
    I think I understand what the signals are telling me. My question is which signals to acknowledge. At the moment I acknowledge anything with yellow on or posts telling me to slow down etc. For some signals with yellow aspects when acknowledged the yellow HZ light does not illuminate which I guess means I didn't need to acknowledge it? I hope I have explained this ok? What are the rules for acknowledging? Is there a simple rule?
    I know there is no penalty for over acknowledging but I don't feel like I am doing it properly.
    If it's too complicated to explain on here I understand but I can't find
    anything on the internet about it.
    Thanks all!

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i find when ever i see any speed change below 100km/h i will just acknowledge it as it is a good check for me to know i'm at the right speed for colour aspect signals i do it for any yellow signal not quite sure what you mean when the HZ light doesn't illuminate as it should maybe if you ever have this happen to you maybe record and post it here great to hear though that matts video helped you

• Like Like x 1
  3. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Thanks for that. I don't think it's a sim problem or bug. What I mean is if you acknowledge and you don't need to the HZ light doesn't illuminate? It's not a DTG problem it's definitely a driver inexperience problem. Lol
    I shall keep going with it, trial and error. Love the challenge really.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Signals others than Clear (GREEN) - acknowledge
    Speed limits (<100 KPH) announcements - acknowledge

p15-p27 <- link

BR :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

oh i now know what you mean you only get the 100hz light up if you go over a signal with a magnet so you wouldn't get it for acknowledging like a speed limit sometimes unless that signal also includes a yellow signal

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teza

Teza Member

As you are driving you will see a number at the top of a set of lights, like a 4, or 8 or 10 or 12
    if you see this press the acknowledge button and drop the speed to the acknowledged speed that you are seeing
    if 4 its 45kph but 40kph is your target if 10, 100kph and so on, also you will see numbers above and below the same light
    the number at the top is the speed of the zone you are in, the one at the bottom is your next target speed, you need to slow down before you get to the next set of lights that may have the same number on it or 2 sets of numbers, above and below, acknowledge this but your speed needs too be at the target speed before you pass the next signal, if its all green with no numbers, its ok to speed up.

if you pass a signal with 2 sets of numbers, the bottom one is the next new target speed, so you will need change your speed now
    and acknowledge, you should already be at the above signal number speed, if the numbers are the same above and below stay at that speed.

acknowledge anything with any number on, even as you leave a station that has a signal with a number
    but some stations may not have a set of signals if you had a speed acknowledgement before you stopped
    at that station the speed will still be that speed until the next set of green lights, with no numbers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Thankyou so much! I shall keep plugging away. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Acknowledging anything signal that has a yellow in it is a good rule. The only exception to this is a Green/Yellow MAIN signal. That does not need to be acknwoledged, but nobody will look at you funny if you do :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Haha thanks. People look at me funny anyway but that's another story:). Thanks for the help. Much appreciated one and all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Spent hours (too many:)) over the last few days banging up and down the German routes, do you know I think I have got it! Thanks for your help everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is the spirit!

• Like Like x 2