Pzb Mode Br442 (rapid Transit)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by yannickalbert2004, Aug 23, 2021.

1. yannickalbert2004

yannickalbert2004 New Member

Does anyone has the same problem, that since the last update the PZB mode for the BR442 is set to 55 instead of 85? You can’t go faster than 105km/h without the train slowing you down. You can’t even change the PZB mode.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Glazier

Glazier Member

Same here. It is set to U for whatever reason...

3. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Yes, here as well...

4. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I posted about this the other day and it sank through the forum like a lead balloon haha! But yes me too, clearly a bug!

Curiously only on Rapid Transit from what I can tell though, Koln - Aachen’s BR 442 is ok.

5. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Pzb has been acting weird on multiple german stock for me since the update

• Like Like x 2
  6. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Another example of inadequate pre-release testing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Yes, same here. I have submitted a ticket on this. Thought the 442 on Koln - Aachen was OK, but as I played yesterday, PZB was limited to 85 flashing for a long time after I hit 100 kph. Also noted on my ticket that the F40PH engine noise fades at notch 8, when gradually going to notch 8; however, if I go from notch 6 bypassing notch 7, all is good. Have only had the automated reply to my ticket so far. I suspect there will be other issues to be resolved, but thus far, these minor things haven't stopped my career as a driver.

• Like Like x 1
  8. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

See my other post this topic re Koln - Aachen.

9. Bvhleken

Bvhleken New Member

After the update to the new version of the game engine and the nessecery redownload of Rapid Transit, the PZB of the DB BR 442 Talent 2 EMU is stuck in the U mode so the Max speed is 105 km/h. I have posted a ticket in the support and got as answer: "Follow the Q an A and the roadmaps ..."

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  10. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I also got the same answer.
    They always said that anything that affects gameplay will be handled a.s.a.p. This of course affects the gameplay and should be one of their priority....I hope...

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that passenger EMUs even had M or U modes installed, nor a selector switch.

12. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I can’t find a switch on any EMUs but on the different variant of doppelstockwagen yeah there’s a switch for the different mode of the PZB

13. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The EMUs don't have that switch since there is no reason to change the PZB mode. And that should be a simple fix for DTG, there is probably some dropdown menu where the wrong thing is chosen, but I am afraid that will possibly only get fixed when the preservation crew touches the route again, and that will be years :( All the work they put in with the first update gone to waste until then :/

14. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I do not want to be wise but the talent 2 of rapid tranzit was always like that. it also has no destination panel

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

When it comes to the train PIS, yes, that never worked, but PZB worked correctly before the porting to UE4.26 this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Yes the PZB mode in EMU is hardcoded so there's no switch. Seeing that it suddenly changed to the incorrect mode after an update, there must be "code" that changed incorrectly on the update, and the only way to fix it is for DTG to release fix.

• Like Like x 1
  17. annadess

annadess Member

18. blazingsoup

blazingsoup Member

Necroing this post because it's 2022, and this issue is still present. I just got this route and wanted to test it out, and I was enjoying it, until I realized that if I keep driving at PZB U setting, I start to become late for all the routes, which is quickly evaporating the enjoyment. Seems like they hard-coded as U for the city parts with the stops close together, but once you get to the more spread out stations outside of the city, it quickly makes you late.

Dovetail, please fix, or at the least, prioritize this route in the next release by the preservation crew.

19. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I think it was fixed today with the big update

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yep, I’m driving this route as we speak and PZB is working perfectly.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

Any delay would not be tolerated on the DB network IRL. From what I have been told they are as strict as JR when it comes to things like that.

Unfortunately not on PC, the issue now seems to affect BR442 as well.

22. annadess

annadess Member

Wdym, the BR442 as well, are you still talking about the Rapid Transit version of the 442 or another one from a different route DLC? (their functionality is independent of each-other)

As far as I know most of the Talent 2s work normally, that's why my RT PZB fix mod is out of date and has been labelled as deprecated as well.

23. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

Oops, I meant the BR422. That has started running with 55 on the display. Unfortunately I keep getting them turn up instead of BR425 on HRR so I either have to operate it running late, without systems enabled (which I am sure must be is against the rules), or keep returning to the menu to select a BR425.

24. annadess

annadess Member

pretty sure I've never had that problem, maybe some sort of outdated mod is messing things up?

25. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Now I’ve got the same problem with the Dopplestock in scenario planner. Stuck on the lowest PZB setting constantly.

Without the PZB the German routes have little appeal.

• Like Like x 1