Pzb Operation For Restricted Signals?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LWDAdnane, Apr 1, 2022.

1. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I've been doing some freight operations on DCZ with PZB turned on, however I couldn't figure out how to get past restricted signals without the safety system emergency braking and screaming at me. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

When starting to move, the "70" and "85" lights will be flashing. To get out of this restrictive monitoring, you need to press PZB release (end key). Only then can you go faster than 40 km/h. But you should only release yourself from monitoring if you're sure the next signal will be green. If it's also at a restrictive speed (green-yellow), PZB might force a stop.

Freight trains will be set to PZB mode M or U. Different monitoring speeds apply than for passenger trains. When passing a signal that you have to acknowledge (page down key) and you're on PZB mode M, you have to slow down to 70 km/h or less within 29 seconds, and your max speed is 120 km/h. (Mode U: under 55 km/h within 38 seconds, max speed 100 km/h).

Did that answer your question, or is there some other aspect that's braking you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. LWDAdnane

Thank you for your response, I've understood what you've said, however I don't think I got the answer I was looking for, perhaps that's on me for not being clear enough. The signal I'm having issues with is the red with the 2 white dots, due to the red I'm on a 500Hz restriction, and I remain below 15mph (which I believe is the 500Hz speed restriction), however as soon as I pass the signal, the train reacts as if I've gone past danger and the emergency brakes come on and PZB will keep shouting at me until I release myself from it, and have to charge the brakes again before I get moving.

4. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I had that same problem with the 363 on Riesa Dresden. IIRC, I solved it by holding down the PZB override (befehl) while passing the signal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Press and hold the "Befehl" key while passing the signal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

numpad [del]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. LWDAdnane

Thank you very much, gave it a go and it worked as expected. Out of curiosity, is this how it works irl?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It is. If there are two white lights on besides a red one on a main signal, the 2000 Hz magnet is active and has to be overridden with Befehl 40 (what the game calls PZB override).

• Like Like x 1
  9. LWDAdnane

On every occasion I recall, the 500Hz magnet was active, this was on the 363 while shunting in Journey Mode, and once with the railpool 185 on the "Double Header" scenario, where at the beginning of the scenario you go past a red with 2 white dots. I don't recall the 2000Hz magnet active at all, could this be a bug?

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

500 Hz and 2000 Hz being active goes hand in hand, obviously. If the 2000 Hz magnet is active next to the main signal, the 500 Hz magnet before that is also active.

If this was the signal at the start …
    6BC886E5-5A2C-4244-994D-786BF221BD99.jpeg
    Source
    … and the 2000 Hz magnet was not active, then that is not working in a prototypical fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LWDAdnane

Interesting, thank you very much for the help and including the source!

12. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Here is a source in English. For TSW2 routes in Germany, the Hp, Ks and (for DRA and DCZ) Hl systems are the relevant pages. The other systems are not represented (yet).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. LWDAdnane

Thank you, by the power of Google translate I was able to read the page no problem, but I will bookmark this source also, thank you!

14. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I think Dresden-Riesa was the first route where it was prototypically implemented (i.e. 2000Hz is active for Sh1 (red with the two white dots on a main signal)). On all previous routes, you did not need to use the Befehl 40 when passing the signal, but that is an error in that regard.

• Like Like x 2