Pzb Puzzle

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jan 10, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Main-Spessart Bahn, at Langenprozelten eastbound for Gemunden (this specific one is the first Journey service in the second (cab-car) chapter).

Stopped at Langenprozelten loading passengers. Signal 300-odd meters ahead shows a red aspect; restrictive monitoring is on. The Book says proceed at restricted speed up to the signal, preparing to stop if it doesn't change. Also, one can anticipate an active 500-Hz magnet (and in fact there is one), so you should start up but hold speed to under 25 km/h.

So far so good.

The signal changes to green-yellow before you get there. Also so far so good; no need to stop. Red 500Hz comes on as expected. But then- as soon as you hit the green-yellow signal, you get a full shutdown as if it's a SPAD and the 2000-Hz is still on. This happens instantly, before you even get a chance to acknowledge. Is this a bug, or have I overlooked something? (No, I did not clear PZB; that would stop me at the 500.)

2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

It's sounds like a bug. But maybe try next time holding the acknowledge button already before passing the signal.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

OK, I still think it's a bug, but it may be the way PzB really works?

The workaround is just to stay put in the station until the light changes (there's an oncoming westbound passing through the crossover). That way, the 500Hz magnet is off and you can proceed through the green-yellow at 40. But if I understand PzB (which I don't, still), you should be able to proceed as I described above; a green-yellow shouldn't stop you if you're under the 500-hz slowdown speed.

4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

It appears to be a bug. You should not get SPAD there. I have also seen bizarre situations at other routes with shunting aspects giving 1000 Hz magnets or even missing 500 Hz magnets at stop signals. Report it to devs.

Cheers

5. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

no need for that IRL, if the signal is less restrictive than the previous magnet. But TSW has gotten PZB wrong in pretty much every route so fair so it wouldn't surprise me

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It works fine overall, but thereā€˜s always that one signal or that one service that gets it wrong. This seems to be one of these cases.