Pzb Vs Time

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Luk396-e464, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

Hi,
    if i play any S3 service (Mammendorf - Munich) in HMA with PZB system (and SIFA and LZB) i notice that over the first km from Mammendorf i am imposed to go not over 45 km/h (following PZB system) but if i get off the speed limit is set on 80 km/h. But the game is based on 80 km/h and so it doesn't consider PZB system and i am always late of one minute when i approach at Malching (instead when i arrive at Munich Hackerbruke i am late of two minutes).

So the game seems not to consider security system, although in real life them are employed.
    What do you think about this ?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If the signal ahead is showing a clear aspect (normally is when starting a service), then why don't you use PZB release to get out of restrictive mode? Then you can get up to line speed right away.

If not a clear signal you'll just have to play by the PZB rules and adhere to those restrictions. You can make up some time by closing the doors a little early as there is a few seconds delay before they are closed. You may make up the time a bit later.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In real life, adverse signals can make trains late. It happens. Rail networks can get traffic congestion too.

(Cheer up- Amtrak doesn't consider a rain "late" unless it's half an hour behind schedule.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

As L89 said, when you have a clear (green) signal ahead, you are allowed to press the "PZB free" button, which should remove the 45 kmh restriction!

5. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

Thank you everybody. I didn't know this function.
    I thought it was used only to go out from LBZ and when the red light get in.
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A clear green, OR if there is no signal within the next 500 meters.

• Like Like x 1