Pzb: When To Go 45 Km/h

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by steveownzzz#6107, Jun 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Hey folks, hope you're all well! I've got a bit of a love/hate with PZB: I feel like it's the most engaging out of all the safety systems available in this game, and certainly the most challenging. However, it's also pretty difficult to perfect as it's sometimes hard to figure out what you've missed or done wrong.

Occasionally, my train gets killed and then 45 km/h indicator pops up- did I miss something? How do you know when you're coming up on a 45 km/h section? There's an especially tricky area on Dresden-Riesa with a 120 km/h track limit, where PZB all of the sudden wants you to go 45.

Any help and PZB discussion is appreciated!

2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

These videos should have the answer, it's a pzb tutorial by the official train simulator youtube channel, it's an hour and a half but listen carefully. the first one is about pzb, sifa and lzb and the second one is about nahverkehr dresden signals.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. steveownzzz#6107

Thanks- this will be helpful for other folks but I've watched this a few times. I have a basic grasp of PZB, but I think the one hang up for me is having trouble identifying some of the 45 km/h pzb areas that pop up on Dresden... I think Lil jj might be on to something with the Dresden-specific HL Signals:
    The video with the Dresden signals might be the biggest help here- thanks for that!

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. steveownzzz#6107

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

PZB is about practice, discover and fun. No need to rush. Have fun :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

yes, you have to be patient learning pzb, learn where the pzb 'triggered' you and try and find out what you did wrong. pzb is very trial and error!

9. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I often get caught out when I'm approaching the outskirts of Dresden in an express or freight service. There's an 80kph limit before the line curves to the south. The yellow trackside warning sign for this limit has a PZB magnet which needs to be acknowledged, and I either miss that, or don't subsequently get down below 85kph in the required time.

There's no 45kph track section that's catching you out. As breblimator mentioned, the 45kph limit is for starting back up (PZB doesn't know the state of the next signal, so it's playing it safe).

The easy rule for PZB is to acknowledge every speed restriction warning below 90kph, as well as any signals that aren't all-green. If it didn't need to be acknowledged, no harm done. But if the 1000Hz light comes on in your HUD, then slow down to below 85kph quickly (assuming a passenger service). There's some additional signals on Riesa-Dresden that have a yellow row of lights - treat these as a 60kph restriction (until you've cleared an upcoming junction) and they'll usually give no trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

What I use to do when I was trying to learn PZB was to record my run. That way if I had a problem I could look back and find out what I had missed or done wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 2