Q261 Baltimore To Toledo Help Ac4400cw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driverwoods#1787, Jan 19, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi guys it's me Driverwoods#1787 and I present to the Xbox TSW forums YouTube HD Quality Q261 12:30 Manifest freight out of Cumberland using Trenomarcus's website
    which is https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/location/320. Does anyone here know how to prevent the Stop signal overrun US NTSB terminology for a British Rail Accidents Investigation Board (RAIB) Signal Passed at Danger (SPAD) during the last 3 minutes of the video using AC4400CW?
    Video is

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

It's fairly easy to SPAD that final aspect at Rockwood. Not only is it on a grade, but the preceding signal is relatively close, so even if you're using the signals in the HUD it can catch you by surprise. It also comes at the end of a tedious two hour journey where you have probably been pulled into complacency.

As for this particular instance, the train should have started slowing down much sooner. You basically want to crawl in to Rockwood. Very little on SPG happens fast.

3. driverwoods#1787

Do you mean activating my Dynamic Automatic & Independent Brakes early? At what distance from that Signal should I start activating my brakes? I got used to playing UK Great Western Mainline & German Freight services on Main Spessart Bahn from TSW 2020 where they have excellent brakes than a CSX & Union Pacific AC4400CW

4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I would activate the automatic brake much earlier, and gradually reduce speed. How early is dependent on how heavy the train is. That particular train is fairly heavy. And of course type of loco and weather conditions also play a role. As for exactly what to do and when to do it, you will have to develop a feel for it yourself. That's part of the whole we experience. Although I haven't played any German freight, I'm sure the experience is much different.

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

With the steep downgrade approaching Rockwood, I would put on dynamics a mile out and start bleeding speed, adding train brake if I'm not down to 15 or less at half a mile. You were in Run-8 accelerating to 20mph just 300 yards out, where you should have been in Brake-8. The goal is to be doing about 5 as you approach the marker, these trains do NOT stop like EMUs!

(Also, you went to Emergency and then released, which blew out your air-braking power completely. NEVER go to emergency unless you intend to stop dead; emergency braking is a point-of-no-return, you should never, ever release from it.)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. solicitr

It's not "excellent brakes" so much as "little bitty trains that weigh nothing and are easy to stop"

7. driverwoods#1787

How about using the independent brakes and Train Brakes will that prevent the stop signal overrun at the end of the clip US Terminology for a UK signal Passed at Danger Spad

8. solicitr

Independent brakes can't be used at the same time as dynamics (they fight each other), and aren't nearly as powerful.