Xbox Q353-manifest-cumberland To Willard Is Physically Impossible To Complete In Journey Mode.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by CrazyDash, Nov 29, 2020.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

This timetable is physically impossible in journey mode. The first issue is that you have to deal with snow as the main conditions. Your train has 2 AC4400CW's on both sides of the train. You would think that would be plenty of horsepower to get you up the grade. The train weighs about 5,474 tons and about 40 freight cars long which isn't the heaviest for a freight train. I leave Cumberland Terminal with lots of wheelslip which I was expecting since it was snowing. However, I try to get up to 50mph on the fast part of the line and my train was struggling just to get up a 0.6% grade which is completely not normal. I couldn't even get up to 40mph within the 10 miles of fast track there was. I had the train gunned at notch 8 and held the sander on. But the train kept slowing down. I then hit the grade and my train begins losing traction until I eventually came to a stop. I tried to get the train to move again, but my train had no traction on the tracks even with the sanders on, and my train kept rolling back. I did everything I could have possibly tried, but nothing worked. I stopped not even a mile past Hyndman. That a train with 4 AC4400's with a fairly moderate weighed train could not even get up a mile of the grade shows there is something terribly wrong with the physics. I think the main issue here is the snow as you have far less traction. I had a friend do this exact same timetable in journey mode and he was unable to get up the grade either. The train stopped exactly where I stopped.

Here is video proof in this live stream I recently did. Skip to around the end to see my train badly struggling up the grade:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. Caldor

Caldor New Member

I didn't get to see the start of your video, but it looks like only your first engine was doing all the work. You need to exit the cab and do some tweaking on the other 3 to make them work. If everything is set up right, you should be able to get going from Cumberland in notch 3 after a while of pulling.

Engine 1:
    Brakes: cut in, lead
    Engine Run, Generator Field, Control, All on
    Distributed power fuse, radio fuse, both on
    Engine 3: don't matter which one in the back you set up
    Distributed power fuse, radio fuse, both on
    Engine 2 and 4 with 4 being the other one in the back
    Engine Run, Generator Field, Control, All off
    Distributed power fuse, radio fuse, both off
    Now head back to Engine 1, and turn on the banking comm by using the Disp button the radio above the desk light.

AC4400CWs are kind of hard to tell if they are working right as DPUs. One of the easiest ways is to use the external camera and go back to the engine you set up as 3. Add or reduce power, or change the reverser and the actions should be visible ie handles changing position.

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I will be sure to try this out and see if this works.

4. lemonboyray

lemonboyray New Member

The only thing I had to do was
    Brakes: cut in, lead
    and it worked perfectly fine. Still, thanks for the help!

5. trpted

trpted Member

How about a video showing what you did?

Please and thank you