Quebec City - Windsor: Via Corridor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tprfilms, Oct 18, 2017.

?
  1. Of course, it is beautiful

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Maybe, it is a pretty good route

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Probably not, it is not cool compared to American/British rail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Definitely no, it is the worst rail route in the world

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. tprfilms

tprfilms New Member

If this route is added... I will hands down get it. It is easily the busiest rail route in Canada which extends southwest along the St. Lawrence River and runs north of Lake Ontario. Major cities the route extends through are Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto, London, Windsor. The route joins up with GO Transit's Lakeshore Line (which runs from) from Oshawa to Hamilton. It also meets up with Amtrak's Maple Leaf service (which runs from Union Station Toronto to Penn Station in New York. Anyway, the Lakeshore in MSTS is getting old and needs to be replaced.

(I am sorry for not including the details of cities besides Toronto like Montreal which also runs commuter rail and Amtrak along the corridor, I have not visited Montreal much)

Trains Include:
    CN Freight
    VIA Rail
    GO Transit
    Amtrak

Here is some basic info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corridor_(Via_Rail)
    And video:

If you want to sit down and create this stunning route, please contact me at trainsandplanesreports@gmail.com and I will help you start up the route!

Attached Files:

2. MikeForce

MikeForce New Member

Your poll option is pretty much the truth. The well respected Amtrak (among others and current retiree in Canada) ex-president David Gunn said it best "VIA is almost irrelevant, except to rail fans. It really is,"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  3. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

I got to partly agree with you because canadian trains are in HORRIBLE shape. I will say though the route is interesting.